PDA

View Full Version : Is this "Ocean Wonders" over kill?

eaj7889
10-01-2003, 02:42 PM
We received as shower gifts the Oceans Wonder Aquarium, Bouncer, and Swing! Do you think this is Ocean Wonders over kill and the baby would rather have a variety of items or that they are all different enough to entertain him?

egoldber
10-01-2003, 03:15 PM
Honestly, I would consider more if all the OW stuff will drive YOU crazy. In my experience, some babies love the lights and sounds things, others could care less and still other babies get very overstimulated and distressed by them. You just never know until your baby gets here!

HTH,

LisaMom2Allie
10-01-2003, 10:37 PM
We had the crib aquarium and took it back the motor was very loud and sort of drowned out the music. We have the swing and absolutely LOVE it. I thought it was the most plush choice and like the cradle/swing option. It was really worth the money. The bouncer was okay-I liked the sling type seat-it seemed more comfortable but we left the goofy plastic things off of it. I do not like the music it sounds warbled but I guess it is supposed to sound like it is under the water-oh well DD liked it and that is all that matters.

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

Bethann31
10-02-2003, 01:09 PM
Katherine LOVES the bouncy seat. She doesn't seem to care at all about the little toys that hang off of it, but she does love to watch the starfish go round and round. She "tells it off" regularly, which is adorable. The music is awful though, and I always skip past it and just go to one of the sound-of-water settings, which are much better. She also has the crib aquarium, but I agree, the motor is so loud, we almost never use it. I bought a different swing (the Graco Clarion) so I'm not sure about the swing.

Beth
mom to 3 and then 1 more

jmofarrill
10-02-2003, 02:02 PM
Dd received the crib aquarium as a shower gift, but she could not care less about it. She prefers loud toys and will ALWAYS go for her Fisher Price Kick and Learn Piano over the aquarium.

Funny thing is, I didn't register for the item. It was given to me by a couple who's daughter apparently can't go to sleep without it! So there are babies who do like the aquarium. Again, it's an individual preference.

dogmom
10-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Oh yeah, big Crib Aquarian fan here. It works wonders for my boy. The loud motor noise is actually nice. I think it acts as white noise. I actually got an older model used, which makes even more noise. If I got them for a shower I would just have kept them because I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to return them for something else. Do you know the timeline on returns? Maybe you can wait for the baby to decide?

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

Jen841
10-03-2003, 01:49 PM
We could not live without the Aquarium. When traveling Jude enjoyed the bouncy seat and swing a family member had. I personally think they are overkill.

We did have a problem with our original Aquarium, and FP replaced it.

Our recommendation for new parents is GET THE AQUARIUM! He is now at the age that he is learning to kick it on himself and he is proud of himself. It was recommended to us.

Vajrastorm
10-04-2003, 03:47 PM
We have all three :)

I actually registered for them too.

I know all babies are different, but my goddaughter LOVES her crib aquarium which is why we got one.

The swing and the bouncy seat appealed to me more than any of the other swings or bouncy seats - hence the under the sea theme going on in my home.

KGoes
10-06-2003, 09:38 AM
DD loves the bouncy seat. Vibrations got us through an early fussy stage, for which I will always be grateful. DD was never crazy about the music, but the water sounds are not bad. She really likes to watch the bubbles. In the last couple of weeks she has enjoyed the baby mode where she makes things happen by kicking at the toys. I thought the swing looked cool, but we did not end up with one.
Kelley
DD born 7/30/03

lpeppin
10-06-2003, 11:23 AM
It sounds from the other responses like there are fans of all three (I love the swing, myself -- or Eli does, I should say). But I specifically chose a different bouncy seat even though I liked the OW one because I thought Eli would like a change of pace. Of course, the seat I got makes really annoying sounds, and you cannot turn the sound off/down while the rest goes, so I am not too happy with that decision... But I still don't think I would have gotten the same theme for bouncy seat and swing. A bit of variety is probably a good thing. But then I've never been a big "every thing should match" type of person.

TraciG
10-07-2003, 11:39 AM
I have the bouncy seat , swing & a toy, still didn't get the toy for the crib, still on my registry, my baby isn't here yet, next month she arrives. I also have a crib set that has dolphins all over it !!