PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks this is rediculous?

jd11365
10-04-2003, 09:37 AM
http://www.childbirthedu.com/g105.htm
Seems like a plain 'ol bucket to me marketed to be a baby bathtub. Also seems like a hazard...

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

etwahl
10-04-2003, 11:12 AM
yep, looks ridiculous. i'd never use it.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

hwin708
10-05-2003, 07:36 PM
I actually read a lot of reviews on this product a while ago. I decided against it just because it seemed silly to pay so much in shipping for a baby bathtub, but I still like the idea.
They are not really an ordinary bucket, as they are designed not to tip over. They are a more common product in European markets (hence the high shipping). All the reviews I read on online European baby stores were extremely positive. They all said their babies really enjoyed being immersed in the water, and, because it only needed a little water in the bucket to cover the baby when she was put in it, it made the bucket very light. So you could fill it in the kitchen and then easily carry it to any room in the house to bathe baby. Also, there is zero risk of the baby's head ever going under the water so long as you only fill it partially, so you can place baby in it and baby is safe and comfortable for as long as the water stays warm.
Like I said, the rave reviews really made me want one, but I didn't want to order one from thousands of miles away.

jd11365
10-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Gee, I guess I stand corrected. Thanks for the more accurate info about it... Still don't think it will be on my next baby registry though... ;-)

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

newbelly2002
10-07-2003, 05:48 AM
I bought one when we first arrived here in Germany (no shipping, obviously). DS was at that point 4 months old. Unfortunately, it never worked for us. Perhaps DS was too old; perhaps it was a user error on my part. DS always looked cramped and awkward and was generally miserable. Then again, he doesn't like slings either, so maybe 9 months in the "foetal position" was more than enough for him.

It does, however, make a *great* toy bin--because it doesn't tip!

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02