PDA

View Full Version : Stokke/Tripp Trapp/One Step ahead knockoff

houseof3boys
10-04-2003, 05:53 PM
So I have been reading through the old threads and think I want the Tripp Trapp for Ryan (he's 4 months) in a few months since I like the bar that goes across the belly. I know that Sarah (nohomama) loves her Kinderzeat, hardysmom says the Tripp Trapp is the best baby purchase and Sandy wished she would have bought the Tripp Trapp from the beginning .....so I can learn from their wisdom. But, who can give me input on those that ended up with the one from One Step Ahead that they bought and have used for a few months. I am concerned with it being flimsy (I read that in a previous post) and of poor quality. I figure if I make the decision now I can deal with waiting for it if it takes a while or get it from the place in MA that was posted that carries the Tripp Trapp or figure out how to get one from Europe. I just wanted to get some opinions on the knock offs as well so I can ponder a bit more!

Those chairs are just awesome and modern looking...how could you not want one?!?! :)

TIA

newbelly2002
10-07-2003, 05:56 AM
YOu might want to seach the Toddler Board for a discussion of these chairs. I know one was on there sometime early this summer/late spring. The knock-offs in Europe, as was told to me by a carpenter friend, are considerably less stable than the original Tripp-Trapp. I don't know if this is the case Stateside as well. Considering that the chair will last from 6months (if you can get the one with teh belly bar and crotch strap) until the child is sitting in a regular adult chair, it seems well worth the money.

I have never once regretted buying ours and it is one of the only items we are planning to ship back to the States when we return. Dante loves it; I love it. And as it sits in our dining room/central entry and common room, I love the fact that it blends in so well with the rest of the furniture.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

britchick
10-07-2003, 03:07 PM
You can get one from a UK site called www lullabys.co.uk They sell a set that includes the baby bar(a seperate purchase)and a cushion for 134 pounds,but you will get it for less,as the VAT isnt added for out of Europe sales.I think it was around $245 shipped to the US for all the bits.I would recommend getting the clippasafe harness too(5.99 extra)Anyway,if you email them they are really helpful.I got a US and UK version and have pics of them side ny side if you want me to send you them so you can see the differences..HTH RAchel [email protected]