PDA

View Full Version : Question for Playtex disposable users

samiam
10-05-2003, 10:19 AM
My baby is 6 weeks old and has been having a terrible time with gas (the gas drops really don't help). I'd been using Dr. Brown's bottles and just started trying the Playtex Disposables with the pre-formed liners to see if that makes any difference. Well, it does and doesn't. He is notably less gassy, however, he doesn't eat as much with the Playtex. He consistently eats 4 ounces with Dr. Browns, but with the Playtex only eats 2.5 - 3 ounces, meaning he's up more often for feedings. It's almost like he can't get the rest out of the bottle, although he didn't appear to have any transition to the new bottle. The Dr. Brown's has a silicon nipple and I bought the Silicon nipples for the Playtex nursers - which appears almost identical to Dr. Brown's.

For those of you who used the 4 ounce Playtex bottles - did your babies regularly polish these off or did you notice there was always some left? My only other thought is to put 5 ounces in an 8 ounce bottle to see if he'll drink 4 that way. It almost seems like he can't get the last amount out.

Would appreciate any thoughts. A less gassy baby is a happy baby, but a baby getting up twice as often now to eat is not a happy mommy!

millerpjm
10-06-2003, 07:58 AM
It does seem like there's just a little bit that ends up on the bottom no matter what you do.. I would try 5 ounces in the larger bottle. The other thing is that babies' appetites do change on occasion so that may also be a factor.

We love the playtex bottles, and they did help my DS with the gas problem.

Jen

Proud mama to Thomas 2/3/03

vikivoly
10-08-2003, 12:12 AM
When she wants to, DD polishes her Playtex disposable off. Are you burping the bottle?