PDA

View Full Version : Target MAY or MAY NOT ever carry the FP Deluxe Healthy Care high chair again!!!

sntm
10-06-2003, 08:10 AM
Am upset. No guarantees one way or the other. No target near me, near my mom, or near my sister has any in stock! DH has vetoed purchase of the one from babyage.com because he hates the big check pattern (plus it has the ruffle.)

grrr.

If anyone has one in the target near them, let me know if you might be willing to ship it. and how much it is (may end up being cheaper just to buy the chicco.)

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

22tango
10-06-2003, 08:51 AM
Why can't you just cut the ruffle off??

ginamlee
10-06-2003, 09:13 AM
Shannon,
I'll check the Targets near me and let you know if I find one. I'd be happy to ship one to you.

nathansmom
10-06-2003, 10:42 AM
I'll check my target today for you.

houseof3boys
10-06-2003, 11:31 AM
Shannon I can go get one for you tonight since my Target had 2 left on Sat. when I got mine. I'll try to put it on the scale and weigh it too since it is heavy!

stillplayswithbarbies
10-06-2003, 12:04 PM
you might ask if that Target will ship it to the Target near her.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

nathansmom
10-06-2003, 01:02 PM
I just got back from Target and I have one on hold for you. LMK if you still want it.

amp
10-06-2003, 01:59 PM
Shannon, Thanks for the update. This was on Jacob's Christmas list and Grandma & Papa were possibly going to get it. Now it looks like this might not be possible. Obviously, this stinks! But thanks for updating. Now I'll have to consider another option or track one down myself and forget about it as a gift (bummer, since I was hoping not to have to pay for it!). Thanks again!

sntm
10-06-2003, 02:09 PM
shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

malie
10-06-2003, 03:45 PM
I know this doesn't help you but this is the same song and dance they were giving back in May or June and then suddenly it reappeared.

However I believe that someone actually purchased the one at Baby age and then purchased the smiley bear pattern cover directly from fisher price

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=7247&mesg_id=7247&listing_type=search

"(FP customer service is way better than Target!) She said it just occurred to her that I could buy the Smiley Bear cover if I get the Noah's Ark chair. The cost of the cover is $22.19, incl S/H. I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I'm justifying the extra cost by telling myself that I am saving myself the TIME it would take to call Target stores weekly for stock updates, as well as grief from having to look at the ruffles daily if I settled for the Noah's Ark. For those interested, the FP number is (800) 432-5437.
"

Not sure that helps anyone at night. When you add up all the costs since the deluxe is more expensive at BabyAge and the additional cost of the cover (89 for the chair and then 22 for the cover makes it over 100 for the chair ) people would have to decide if it's worth it but I just thought I would bring it up in case it helps someone

nathansmom
10-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Shannon-
I haven't received your email yet. Want to try again [email protected]

sntm
10-07-2003, 07:41 AM
Debbi - my email to you didn't go through. You can contact me at [email protected]

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

ethansmom
10-07-2003, 06:29 PM
I got my Deluxe from target.com about 6 or 8 wks ago. I had to check back every day...when I called Target, I got the "no idea if we'll carry it" but when I spoke to Fisher Price, I pressed the woman, who did tell me the product was new - less than 1 yr old - and a great seller, so it didn't look like they'd stop selling it. Another caller had also told her it was easier to find the chair at super target. Good luck!

houseof3boys
10-07-2003, 06:58 PM
Great thought but when I called (two different Targets just in case) they said they don't ship between stores. That is what they have the internet site for she said! I pleaded and said it was a really heavy item and that since it was sold out on line I thought they should ship it to the VA store but she wasn't biting!

Bethann31
10-08-2003, 08:48 AM
I was able to find 2 at the SuperTarget in Duluth, GA last night, and the price was $69.99, which is $20 less than I was expecting. YEAH!! Maybe now we can eat dinner without one of us holding her.

Beth
mom to 3 (13, 11 and 8) and then 1 more (6/4/03)

KB26
10-08-2003, 10:43 AM
Buy Buy Baby carries this chair. I just put it on my registry. It's not available online, but you can place a phone order and they will ship it. check out www.buybuybaby.com for their phone number. HOpe that helps.

Krista

malie
10-08-2003, 02:06 PM
The Buybuybaby chair is not the same as the Target one. The target pattern is the only one without the ruffle and it is suppose to be exclusive to target. If that isn't the case anymore that is great to know but according to fisher price target and target alone sells the non ruffle deluxe chair

Which is why of course we go a little crazy.

KB26
10-08-2003, 02:46 PM
You are right. I didn't realize that there were 2 different patterns on the deluxe model, one with and one without the ruffle. I had a hard time finding the deluxe version (vs. the regular healthy care version) so I was just excited that the deluxe was at Buy Buy Baby - and didn't pay attention to the pattern!

Sorry for the mis-information!

Krista

malie
10-08-2003, 03:31 PM
Krista,
You would think that fisher price would just start selling all their chairs without a ruffle. I have yet to here of one person who actually wants the ruffle (we might be willing to buy the one with the ruffle but I don't know it's anyone's first choice). I actually was hoping you were going to correct me and say oh no it doesn't have a ruffle :)

KB26
10-08-2003, 04:04 PM
I have spent the last hour searching on the internet for high chair covers now - not so much b/c I want to hide the ruffle, but because I want the option of covering the vinyl seat with a fabric one if the baby ends up sticking to the seat. Does anyone know where to get a fabric cover? On Babies R Us they have a navy blue cover but it looks vinyl to me.

Thanks
krista

sntm
10-08-2003, 04:17 PM
contact fisher-price directly - -they supposedly sell on for about $25.

shannon
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

nancys
10-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Thanks, Malie! Anything to avoid that ghastly ruffled cover. But isn't the current Noah's Ark chair beige and brown? At least the one at Buy Buy baby is. I'd really like to find the blue/white one. Please advise.

Nancy

megulis
10-14-2003, 06:04 AM
I've lurking around for a while and gathered a lot of good information from these forums and would like to know if anyone here knows which Target around Albany, NY has the Deluxe model.

Why are these so rare???

malie
10-14-2003, 11:05 AM
Nancy,
You're probably right. I was thinking that the Noah's Ark was white and gray. Since I'm not the one who actually purchased the cover directly from Fisherprice, I didn't really think about it being non matching.

megulis
10-15-2003, 01:57 PM
Why does Baby Depot have the ruffled deluxe?

http://www.bcfdirect.com/IWStoreBCF.process?Merchant_Id=1&proc=IWCatProductPage&Section_Id=9607&pcount=&pn=1&Product_Id=303365