PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Baby Einstein Series DVDs/VHS???

www.splendidbrides.com
10-08-2003, 08:37 PM
I was just wondering which ones you would recommend. There are sooo many out there, we can't get all of them, but would like to get some input on which ones are better than others. TIA!

egoldber
10-08-2003, 08:41 PM
Well, I have all of them, except for the two newest ones (we got the whole set at Costco about a year ago). My DD enjoys them all, some more than others, but she will watch any of them.

For younger babies, the fav seems to be Baby Mozart. For older babies, Baby Shakespeare and Baby Dolittle Neightborhood Animals seem to be very popular. I have heard that Baby Neptune is good, but I've not watched it.

HTH,

deborah_r
10-08-2003, 08:52 PM
My 4.5 mos. DS has loved Baby Mozart for a couple of months now. He seemed irritated by Baby Einstein itself, he likes Baby Van Gogh and Baby Beethoven too. Baby Mozart was by far the winner so far though.

Maybe I'm weird, but I think the Baby Van Gogh is a little, how should I say this...presumptuous...insulting...I don't know - but it implies that a puppet can paint a masterpiece in a few minutes and that just rubs me the wrong way a bit. Part of me says, well they're just babies so I'm sure they don't really get that message, and they don't know a Van Gogh from a finger painting, but I don't know...it still bugs me.

Anyway, I'd definitely go for the Baby Mozart if you are looking for one to start out with. I even like watching that one!

suz
10-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Baby Mozart is good one to start with. My DD also enjoys Baby Shakespeare. That's my DH's favorite. :D

www.splendidbrides.com
10-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Thank you everyone for your suggestions and advice! :)

nigele
10-10-2003, 08:49 PM
We love Baby Neptune and Neighborhood Animals!