PDA

View Full Version : Push Toys

Mom2Miri
10-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Can someone help me with push toys? Is it for the walking baby or for when she is pulling up? Because of the wheels, I thought it was for after she was walking but today I found Mirielle pushing her Combi rocker around the family room. She had put her hands on the seat and stood up (sort of bent over) and was pushing it around. She's been pulling up a lot lately.

If it's time, any suggestions for good push toys?

Thanks!
Helen & Mirielle 2/25/03

KUvsOU
10-14-2003, 02:36 PM
It sounds like she is ready for a push toy of some sort. My son started out pushing another ride-on toy he received as a gift so then I decided to buy the Playskool Step Start Walk n' Ride. He immediatly started walking with it and it really help build his confidence. I know some of the reviews I have read said the base was too narrow and they had problems with their child tipping it over, but we really did not have a problem with this. We haven't used the ride part of it as he was too tall and couldn't sit in the seat very comfortably. He also enjoyed playing with the items on the front of the walker as well. When you put it in the ride mode, it is easy to take it on a trip as well.

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02