PDA

View Full Version : Signing Times Video- How old?

peasprout
10-14-2003, 06:38 PM
DD is 11 months and gets bored of the signing time videos after 10 minutes. (although she loves her baby einstein videos!) For you parents that have the videos, at what age did your little one start liking them? Should I just keep trying? I've been trying to sign with her since she was three months old and I'm starting to wonder if all this is getting through to her at all! She's closer to imitating my words than imitating my signs! :)

egoldber
10-14-2003, 07:25 PM
Well, I didn't get them until DD was 18 months old. But I can't say she often sits there and watches them straight through. She will watch and do other thingss too while she's watching.

If your DD is very verbal early, then signing may not benefit you so much. But most kids I know love the videos anyway.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-14-2003, 10:02 PM
Logan is 6 and a half months old and will sit and watch the whole video. She is imitating the "milk" sign, and doing it even when she is not watching the video. (not that she has any clue what it means)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Karenn
10-15-2003, 09:03 AM
It must be a preference thing. Colin loved Signing Time from at least 10 mos. old. He liked Baby Einstein, but never as much as Signing Time. If you really want to sign with her, I might give it a couple more weeks. I started signing with Colin really early too and didn't see my first sign from him until shortly after 11 mos.

Good luck,

jojo2324
10-15-2003, 10:27 AM
We just started watching them this week, and DS is 15 months old. He was engrossed the first couple of times, but now will run around and play while watching them. No signs yet, but then it took him a while to wave or point too. And I have to tell myself it's only been a few days!! (Logan, you've given me high expectations, smartie pants!! :))