PDA

View Full Version : Desperately seeking Ernie!

Rachels
10-16-2003, 02:10 PM
My daughter is in love. She has discovered Sesame Street, and we can't get enough of Melmo and Dookie and Nernie around here. She has soft Elmo and Cookie Monster dolls, but her latest passion is really Ernie. We go through negotiations when we change her diaper-- she always wants to wear a "Nernie dop." Sometimes she can be pacified by being handed an Ernie dipe to look at while I change her, although that's often followed by Abigail carrying the diaper lovingly around the house and kissing it while crooning, "Nernie, Nernie!"

This baby needs an Ernie doll, and I can't find one. I've been to three stores, and they're all either hard plastic or don't actually look that much like Ernie. I don't need one that snores or sings or performs dog tricks. I just need a snuggly, soft Ernie that doesn't cost an absolute fortune. Does anyone know where I can find one?

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

MinnieMouse
10-16-2003, 02:14 PM
Go to Sesame Place's website (www.sesameplace.com) and get a phone number there for their merchandising dept. I was there last month and they told me that you can order anything they sell at the park. They even mentioned a catalog??

We picked up a Big Bird last visit..about 20"-24" tall...and they had Elmos and Ernies as well. So you should be able to get something. Dd is a big Ernie fan as well...and we had her choose between Big Bird and Ernie (we got Elmo last year :-) ).

HTH

Christine

egoldber
10-16-2003, 02:16 PM
I would start with the Sesame Place website. My good friend's little girl has a whole collection of nice, soft, no singing, no dancing SS characters that she got at Sesame Place this summer.

I do know that she also bought one off eBay as well. I'll ask her when I see her again where it was from.

Edited to add: how about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3149196333&category=19230

zuzu
10-17-2003, 10:36 AM
I'm not sure if you live near a Buy Buy Baby, but I recently picked up a smallish Ernie doll there for my nephew. He wasn't terribly soft, but was adorable. Actually I just checked Beth's link and saw what looks like the mailman Ernie I got. It was under $10, if I remember correctly.

Happy Hunting!

cara1
10-17-2003, 12:29 PM
http://babybabyandmoreoflonggrove.com/product/75365 has an Ernie doll for $15.

I'm looking for a Clifford, but all the Cliffords have plastic eyes that could be a choking hazard for my battery-eating, crayon-chomping 20 month old.

nitaghei
10-17-2003, 03:37 PM
Here's one:
http://www.chriscornerstore.com/sest11erpldo.html

Nita

Kimberly H
10-18-2003, 09:15 PM
Rachel,

Tonight, I saw that hey have most of the SS characters - Ernie, Bert, Elmo, etc - at Wal*Mart. They're nothing special and not too soft but they might do in a pinch until you can find one you really like. They do have the hard plastic eyes too.

Hope it helps a little...

Karenn
10-29-2003, 01:50 PM
I'm guessing you've probably already found your "Nernie" (It sounded rather urgent. :) ) But if you haven't, I saw some inexpensive plush ones at Big Lots today.