PDA

View Full Version : Baby Trend highchair

c2lane
10-16-2003, 04:32 PM
First time Mom-to-be here. I recently registered for a Baby Trend highchair in navy blue. I've been reading the old threads and keep finding reference to a Baby Trend highchair in vinyl as opposed to fabric. Did this ever come out?

Carrie
GIRL edd 01/01/04

KUvsOU
10-16-2003, 04:47 PM
As far as I know, they never came out with the vinyl version. I ended up just scotchguarding the fabric, which has seemed to work relatively well. I really like the chair, but my biggest problem is my son has figure out how to push the release with his foot and then is able to push the tray off his chair.

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02

calebsmama03
10-16-2003, 05:40 PM
I believe you can buy a vinyl cover from babytrend, but I think it's white. I also have the BT high chair in navy blue and though DS is not eating many solids yet, I think it will be fine. It is a great chair for the money - very plush and comfy looking.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

annex
10-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Yes, it came out in September. Only TRU seems to carry it. I bought one and have no complaints, although we're not using it much yet with my 6 month-old DD. It's cheaper than the cloth seat versions.

cchavez
10-17-2003, 12:43 PM
I have it too. It works fine us. It doesn not have wheels if that is something your really need.

SarahD
10-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Yes, they did come out with the vinyl version. It is tan, cream, & black check pattern I believe. It is only sold at TRU. It doesn't have wheels which was a big disappointment to me. After waiting for the new vinyl one to come out in Sept and then discovering it didn't have wheels, I went ahead and bought the navy blue breckenridge pattern from BRU about 3 weeks ago. I have a 22 month old daughter who loves it so far and I am also due to have another baby this week so it will get it's share of use.

I also plan to scotchgard mine although I haven't done it yet.

As far as little tots kicking the tray off, that problem has been fixed in more recent versions of this chair. It is now impossible for them to do that because there is a "shield" behind the lever so their feet can't kick it off.

It's a great chair! You just have to decide if you would rather have vinyl without wheels or cloth with wheels. Of course, like somebody mentioned you could buy the cloth chair and then also buy the white vinyl cover from Baby Trend but that would be more money to spend. Also, it would be white. BTW, I think the vinyl chair at TRU is $69 compared to the cloth one at BRU for $89.

Sarah

gour0
11-24-2003, 01:16 PM
Does anyone know the name of the vinyl pattern?

annex
11-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Taylor Square Vista, there's a thread on it on Page 2 of this forum
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=12&page=2

Kate888
11-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Hi Shawna, I had the same problem with the tray and finally called their customer service. The lady was very nice and sent me a new improved tray immediately with no charge. They apprently is aware of the problem. Try give them a call. HTH :)

Kate
Mama to Maya 2-17-02

KUvsOU
11-26-2003, 04:33 PM
Thank for the information. I did call and they sent me a new tray right away. If anyone is interested, you can buy the vinyl cover. As I recall, it was around $26 so I might do this when the next baby comes around. I am surprised that the highchair with the vinyl seat does not have wheel. I love having wheels on my highchair! :)

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02