PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions for an Indoor Climber/Slide

KUvsOU
10-17-2003, 03:49 PM
My son is 16 months and loves to climb. I thought a climber/slide that we could use inside might be another way to entertain him during the long winter. He is very tall for his age so I don't want to buy something that he won't be able to use very long.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Are you familiar with any of the following?

Hide and Slide by Little Tikes
Wave Climber by Little Tikes
Townhouse Climber by Step 2
Naturally Playful Woodland Climber by Step 2 (Too big for inside?)

I have decided against the Kangaroo Climber by Step 2 as I belive it will be too small.

Thanks!

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02

COElizabeth
10-17-2003, 03:58 PM
Me, too! James isn't tall, but climbing and sliding are the two things I think he excels at developmentally (eating, talking, sleeping, no, but give the boy stairs and he is off to the races). If/when we move to a bigger house (we hope before Christmas), we will have an empty living room where I can put a big toy like this. Based on past threads on this topic, I have been considering the Little Tykes 8-in-1 adjustable playground since it looks like it might get the longest use, but are there others I should consider for an advanced and very daring climber?

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

August Mom
10-17-2003, 05:14 PM
We have the 8-in-1 Adjustable Climber and DS loves it. Ours is outside but I'm toying with bringing half of it inside for winter. It's pretty big, so unless you have a rec room or finished basement, I doubt there's room for the whole climber (although I know one of our members does have it set up in her living room). I do think that this climber has the most longetivity, but I am also considering whether I want something smaller inside. DS is a climber too. However, knowing him, I'll have this nice climber setup for him and he'll climb on his ride-on toy or something like that. He currently is into climbing on his Little Tikes Activity Garden and PBK Everywhere Chair.

danielleh
10-17-2003, 07:38 PM
Hi,

We got the Naturally Playful Woodland Climber for DS for his 1st birthday and we set it up in the middle of our living room (so much for decor). He really likes it and it seems to channel his climbing away from the chairs and sofa somewhat.

HTH,

Danielle

KUvsOU
10-18-2003, 10:44 AM
The 8-in-1 sounds really great, but unfortunately we don't have room for anything that big in our dining room (aka temporary playroom). Between our table, his tent, Cozy Coupe, ride-on toy, lawn mower and Little People sets, it would be impossible to fit it in there.

ddmarsh
10-18-2003, 01:35 PM
We used to have the Little Tikes large square climber that has a slide (I forget what it is called) that we kept inside. I'm not positive that they still make this but I would there is something similar in size. Step 2 also usually makes similar size/styles to Little Tikes that you might be interested in checking. We also have a Little Tikes house we keep inside. One other thing I would mention is that for many years we had one of those small trampolines with the handle that we had inside and my boys just loved that.

KUvsOU
10-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions. I think we are going to go with the Hide and Slide by Little Tikes for the indoors and purchase the Naturally Playful Woodland Climber by Step 2 for the outdoors in the spring. :)

Update: We received the Hide and Slide several days ago. My son could hardly wait for me to put it together and seems to really like it so far. He is still a little small to climb up the steps on his own and, after all, it is for age 2 and up. However, he has no problem climbing up the slide himself and sliding down on his stomach. :)

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02