PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason that I shouldn't give the Little Red Walker Wagon as a gift?

August Mom
10-17-2003, 05:10 PM
I've been trying to decide on a good 1st birthday gift for my nephew. I know, it shouldn't be that difficult because DS just turned 1. However, DS and my nephew are vastly different. My nephew just started crawling at 11 months and doesn't seem particularly interested in movement. DS wants to be moving at almost all times and was walking at 10 months. Hence, we didn't need a push walker at the 1st birthday party. Anyway, I'm thinking that the chances of my nephew walking before his birthday (in now 3 weeks) are virtually nil so maybe a push walker would be a nice gift. I bought the Radio Flyer Little Red Walker Wagon today at TRU. It looks very stable and nice to me (better than the push walker we have :)) but I wanted to know if there was any reason you don't think this would be a good gift. I see on the TRU website that this model is out of stock and there's a Radio Flyer Walker Wagon with wooden sides all the way around. Does anyone know how they compare (besides the fact that I bought the less expensive one)?

TIA

egoldber
10-17-2003, 06:40 PM
I think toys like that are always nice. Even if he doesn't like it as a walking toy, older toddlers love to have things to put toys in and push them around.

HTH,

sarasprings
10-18-2003, 03:43 AM
We got one for DS at a garage sale and he likes putting things in it and pushing it, but he's not able to steer it easily, so when he uses it, I'm right there helping him. We had a walker that was pretty heavy (a fisher price one that converts into a ride on toy) and if I had to redo it, I would have gotten a lighter weight one that DS could maneuver more easily.

I do think the wagon will be a great toy for years, though, which is why I got it for DS even after he could walk.