PDA

View Full Version : Little Tikes Activity Garden - worth having?

ddmarsh
10-17-2003, 08:28 PM
This is one toy we have never had in our house and I noticed it is available again after several years of being discontinued. Has anyone had this and was it worth the money and/or space?

TIA -

egoldber
10-17-2003, 09:24 PM
Sarah LOVES this toy. It is always a huge hit at playgroup as well. Even after many months, she still plays with it. I got it after I saw another mom in my playgroup had it and all the kids were swarming over it! AND it doesn't make noise, so its my kind of toy!

But Sarah's favorite part is the mailbox and the letters. They do sell just a mailbox and that is much cheaper. She also likes the vegetables and the door. She likes to walk into the garden and say "Bye-bye!" It's very cute! :)

August Mom
10-17-2003, 11:41 PM
Strange. I replied to this awhile ago but it's not showing up so I'll try again.

I bought the Activity Garden based on the raves I read here. If I had it to do over again, I would pass on it. DS likes it, but he doesn't play with it enough to warrant the space that it takes up in the family room. His favorite parts are the mailbox and the door. He picks the vegetables and then throws them across the room. Then, he steps up on the garden and stands there or climbs over the top. He has played with the other activities occasionally but has never gotten into them. In retrospect, I wish I would have purchased the Buzz About Mailbox instead.

AngelaS
10-18-2003, 05:57 AM
My oldest got this for her 1st birthday. She LOVED it. At almost 6, she still loves it. Yesterday she pretended it was a pool for her stuffed killer whale. LOL

Baby sister is one and she's enjoying it too. She loves to pull out all the veggies and pretend that spot is a bench. She also loves to play peek a boo thru the mailbox.

It's been a hit at our house. It gets played with more than the Crawl and Cruise playground!

ddmarsh
10-18-2003, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the replies. I had a good laugh at the image of Justin tossing the carrots around the living room - that just totally cracked me up :).

Thanks again everyone, I think I will get this -

nigele
10-18-2003, 07:26 PM
Tom has had this for several months and has loved it. Lately, at age 15 months, he has not been using as much as he used to. It is very popular with other babies and young kids who come to visit but I think the novelty has worn off for Tom.

Melanie - Tom has the Buzz about Mailbox and likes it but it is so easy to pull over and drives me crazy! I much prefer the mailbox on the Garden.