PDA

View Full Version : Chicco Hippo Hook On High Chair - anyone have?

deborah_r
10-19-2003, 02:58 PM
Does anyone have the Chicco Hippo Hook On High Chair? I am considering it, but not sure if it is good for young babies just starting out on solids.

Also I don't know how far under the table it has to clamp on and it looks like the way my table is built there will only be about 6 inches before it runs into a part of the table that I don't think it can fit around.

**Edited to fix 3 spelling mistakes. Sigh. I used to be so careful about spelling before baby came along. Now I don't have time to read my posts over before I click Post...

Marisa6826
10-19-2003, 07:13 PM
I saw it and thought it was cute. It definitely doesn't look like it would offer the support a babe needs in the beginning though. I also think that you might be cutting it close with only 6" of space underneath.

Looks like you might be better off with a chair that reclines.

I guess if you really wanted it, you could get it for later and use a bouncy seat for now.

-m

pritchettzoo
10-19-2003, 09:47 PM
I have no experience with the chair you mentioned, but a DF LOVES the "Easy Diner." She's getting it for everyone's shower presents. She started using it with her son at about 5 months. Here's a link to it on One Step Ahead: http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=17759&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=27216&iProductID=17759&change=117

However, she found it at Zany Brainy/Right Start for $39.95 and didn't have to pay S&H.

I haven't used this chair personally, but we've been out to dinner with them several times when they have been using it. The chair has worked beautifully on a variety of tables from a Japanese Hibachi resaurant to typical chain places (Chili's, etc.). When her son was smaller, she stuck the diaper bag behind him for a pillow.

HTH...
Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

emmiem
10-19-2003, 09:50 PM
I hated that chair! It was hard to clean. Yes, it is machine washable but a pain to take off and on. Plus, it is air dry only. Most tables in restaurants use pedestals and it can not be used on pedestal tables. Not stable enought. Don't buy it!!!!!
Emmie