PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Tumblin' Sounds Giraffe, please!

kymama
10-21-2003, 07:31 AM
I bought this last weekend at Kohl's when it was on sale, and now I'm paranoid that it may be too "young" for DD when she turns 1 in December. No rational reason for my fears--I'm just the queen of buyer's remorse! Anyone have any opinions they can share? Here's a link to the toy:

http://www.kohls.com/products/product_page_vanilla0.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=6349 3251&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=70034917&bmUID=1066738414419

TIA!
Dana

JElaineB
10-21-2003, 09:20 AM
I don't think it will be too young for her. I got my son some of the Peek-a-Blocks for his 1st bday and he really likes them. He isn't stacking them yet but he likes to throw them and chew on them. I don't have the giraffe, but it looks like you can put blocks in the top of the giraffe and they come out the bottom? That would be a good thing for a 1 year old to learn.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

vikivoly
10-21-2003, 05:40 PM
I have the giraffe for DD. She is 11 months. I personally would not buy the giraffe again. It doesn't do much aside from play a little tune when the the block comes out of the bottom. DD really likes her peek-a-boo blocks though.

If your only concern is age appropriateness (is that a word?), I think it will be good for older babies and toddlers. Kids of all ages play with blocks.

kaismom
10-23-2003, 01:39 PM
Actually she may like it even more when she is 1. I bought the giraffe and blocks for DS about a month ago, and for a while he was just interested in the blocks. Just the other day he figured out how to actually drop the block into the giraffe, so he has become more interested in it (also interested in seeing what else he can drop into it!).

Ingrid
Kai, 1/21/97
Kirsten, 12/23/98
Stefan, 12/23/02

blondie18
10-24-2003, 08:12 PM
Bought it on sale at Kohls also when my son was about 9 months old. Loved it and still does at 13 months. He is "driven" to put everything down that giraffe! It's one of his scientific tests - will "it" (cheerios, playschool people, stacking cups, balls, toothbrush,photos of Mom) go down the chute? The only thing is that it doesn't stay upright by itself so someone has to hold it for the little'un. (Which was a bummer as I was looking for more toys that he could use by himself - lazy, lazy!) But now that he's older, he just weilds it around however and doesn't care if it's up or on its side. He's also mad for the little door at the bottom. Big time fun opening and closing!

kymama
10-24-2003, 10:00 PM
Thanks, everyone! I've decided that I'm going to keep it. I figured out that I'm only spending a few bucks more than if I had bought three sets of blocks separately at Target. If all else fails, the giraffe can become a decoration in the jungle themed nursery! :)

Dana
Mom to Corinne 12/2/02