PDA

View Full Version : Babystyle - toys & furniture

vikivoly
10-22-2003, 12:36 AM
I just got my Babystyle catalog today and I'm just drooling! There are so many cute things. I'm particularly interested in the Fantastic Fun & Storage Station. http://www.babystyle.com/common/dProductFrame.asp?DepartmentID=37&CategoryID=29&SubCategoryID=140&ClassID=94

Does anyone have this or seen it IRL? I'm looking for a first birthday gift for DD. I know it has a recommended age of 2 years and up. I normally stay within the recommended age group for toys, but DD loves to play with her cousin's Parents Magazine Busy Park Playground which is basically a smaller version of Babystyle's toy. http://www.toys-review.com/Parents_Busy_Park_Playground_B00005LIPR.html I am concerned that this toy has wheels. I would prefer it be stationery for the time being. Can the wheels be taken off? Is this toy as sturdy as the Parents Block?

I'm also looking at the plush chairs, either the bear or the monkey. http://www.babystyle.com/content/bestSellers/main.asp?page=t&osc=t1toys Does anyone have any info on them? None of the pictures show a child actually seated on the chair. Is it roomy? How soft is the chair?

Thanks in advance!

justlearning
10-22-2003, 08:06 PM
I don't have either of these items from Babystyle but I do have a teddy chair that's the exact same size as the one from Babystyle. (I bought it a year ago at Sam's Club for $17.) In case helps, here's a picture of my big-for-his-age son, when he was 3 months old, sitting in the chair. He's not able to sit up yet on his own so he hasn't started using the chair, but FWIW, I think that'd he actually be more comfortable sitting for a prolonged time in one of the small overstuffed chairs sold by Pottery Barn or other places. I think the bear chair is more for looks (it does look cute in the nursery!) and for shorter periods of sitting.

Also, because you mention thinking about buying things from babystyle, I'll just add this here in case you haven't already heard about it but you can get a 6% rebate back from ebates just by clicking on the babystyle link from ebates. In case you haven't already signed up with ebates and wish to do so, I'd really appreciate your using this link: http://www.ebates.com/affiliate_landing.jsp?promotion_code=REF1&eeid=13840&banner=9710&[email protected]&refpageid=1

Hope this helps a little...

houseof3boys
10-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Just wanted to say that I drooled all over the place too when I started looking through that catalog today! I love so many things in it so I am eager to see the responses.

chrissyhowie
10-23-2003, 11:05 PM
We received the Barry the Bear chair as a gift. It is very cute in real life. Every child who comes into our apartment makes a beeline right for it (and puts the bear's nose right in their mouth -- it's amazing how they all have that exact same desire :)!). It takes up a good amount of room though, probably just a little bit smaller than an exersaucer. It's soft, yet firm enough to give a little support while sitting. Here's a link to some pictures that I took of DD with Barry so you can see a child sitting on it:
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35132c9056a¬ag=1

Funny, you're totally right that they never show kids on the seats in the catalog! I never noticed that before!

nohomama
10-24-2003, 12:40 PM
What fabulous pics! The bear is cute but he can't hold a candle to Chole. Those cheeks! That hair! And it's so nice that you included a picture of yourself. I like that I can now put a face to the words.

chrissyhowie
10-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Just wanted to add that the Bear chair is really more of a decorative item. It wouldn't be the chair I'd want to sit on (if my butt was Chloe's size!) while watching a movie or something. It literally is a big stuffed animal that you can sit on for a bit versus a supportive seat.

Sarah, thank you for your kind words! We think Chloe's pretty darn cute too ;)!

vikivoly
10-29-2003, 01:39 AM
Chrissy,

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures! Chloe is a doll! :)

I think after seeing Chloe seated on the bear, I'm going to pass. You're right, it doesn't look too comfortable. It's also smaller than I pictured.

Thanks Again!

aliceinwonderland
10-29-2003, 07:27 AM
OMG I LOVE your baby's pictures!! Especially the Christmas one, with the little diaper and bow. I think these are some of the best baby pictures I've seen! Sorry to interject on your thread, but I HAVE to ask where you get them done at? Of course my baby is not here yet, but you know...

As for the babystule catalogue, I also absolutelylove some of the toys and am considering the lamb (I think??) little chair...

justlearning
10-29-2003, 12:20 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Vicki! I believe that you're the photographer, right? I even showed DH your pictures because I told him I want to get a Christmas picture like that--SO cute!

And "Alice," I was talking with DH and he said that he forgot to email you some examples of our digital pictures like I had asked him to. Are you still wanting to see them? My email's working again so I could send a couple if you want.

And one more thing back on the topic of Babystyle stuff--I just got my Babystyle catalog in and it came with a $10 off coupon and free shipping with orders over $75. Did yours as well? If not, right now I'm thinking that I won't be getting anything from them so I'd be happy to give you the code. It's a code that can only be used once (so I couldn't just post the code for everyone to use) and is above my name/address on the catalog so it's possible that they won't let someone else use it but you could try at least. If you could use it, let me know and I'll email you the code if I decide for sure that I won't be buying anything from them. (I'm still thinking about it--their stuff is SO cute!)

aliceinwonderland
10-29-2003, 12:28 PM
I know, I'm dying to know where those pictures came from:)

Thanks for the offer to send pictures. I think my in-laws got us a camera last night, so we should be all set (hopefully it's an easy to use one. I belive it's a Fuji, 4 megapixels), We don't get it til Christmas, though).
Thanks again!!

eri

vikivoly
10-29-2003, 02:37 PM
Thanks for all of the compliments, soon my head will be too big to fit through the door! ;) I am a photographer, so yes I did take all of DD's pictures. DH thinks I'm camera happy. When I was shooting her newborn pics, he said I should just take her to Wal-Mart like everyone else! I said, yeah I could just see me waiting in line to get her picture taken and have one of my clients walk past.