PDA

View Full Version : FP Healthy Care High Chair question

yhtking
10-24-2003, 11:17 PM
I'm currently looking for a high chair that my 4.5 months old DS can grow into. He is a bit on the smaller side. He is about 25 in and weight about 13 lb or so. Does anyone have any experience finding a high chair for babies who are on the smaller side? Please let me know. I'm thinking about getting the FP deluxe healthy care HC. What do you guys think? And, where can I find the bear pattern? Are there any other patterns besides the Noah's Ark?

Thanks.
Mom to Baby T (6/6/3)

justlearning
10-25-2003, 12:14 AM
I just got the Healthy Care HC Deluxe but my son's big, not small, for his age so I can't answer that part of your question. I will say, though, that when testing high chairs out in the stores, the Healthy Care HC tray seemed to come the closest to him out of all the high chairs we tested. It also comes with a head support, so I think it'd be a great chair for small babies.

The only place you can buy the deluxe in the bear pattern is at Target but they're difficult, if not impossible, to locate anymore. (See the thread about this just a few threads below yours.) I haven't seen any other deluxe besides the Noah's ark.

heidi_timms
10-25-2003, 01:45 AM
The FP Healthy Care is a good choice IMO. I have a 6-month old at just 16lbs(which is 50th percentile, average). We started using ours at around 13lbs and 4.5 months as well. It fits her really well and we can get the tray nice and close to her. Also, she wasn't really sitting up at 4.5 months, but the straps and tray helped her sit up nicely.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

kaitlinsmommy
10-25-2003, 12:55 PM
My dd is a peanut (16 lbs. at 10 months) and this chair works great for her.

I'm glad I got Smiley Bear at Target, but think Noah's ARk would be fine if SB isn't available.

houseof3boys
10-25-2003, 12:57 PM
I just wanted to second what Heidi said. Ryan is about 14 pounds and the FPHC is great for him. We use it everyday and he loves being wheeled around the kitchen! I love this highchair. :)

stillplayswithbarbies
10-25-2003, 05:32 PM
the Smiley Bear is only at Target and it is the only one without a ruffle. People say the ruffle is hard to clean.

search the threads here to read about how hard they are to find.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

MelissaTC
10-25-2003, 07:44 PM
My DS is on the small side -- 16 months, 20 lbs, 31 1/2 inches -- and this chair is perfect for him. He is LOST in the Prima Pappa and Evenflo chairs but this one fits him perfectly. I love the chair! We have the BRU pattern with the ruffle but I do not find it difficult to clean. Good luck!

sntm
10-26-2003, 07:01 AM
Jack is 4.5 months, 24 3/4 inches, almost 15 lbs, and he fits in it very well.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

yhtking
10-26-2003, 03:11 PM
My DS has the exact same birthday as your son. I think Baby T is not quite 15 lbs yet. Maybe about 13 or 14lbs ish.... anyway, DH put the chair together. I fell in love with it immediately. We wheeled DS around the house. It was fun, for both the bay and the parents. Do you put your son in the lowest level reclining position? DS can't sit yet. I just want to make sure he is comfortable. He tends to raise or move his head forward, which scares me sometimes. Just want to make sure he is hurting his little tender back. Thanks. Have you started rice cereal with your baby yet?

Thanks,
Mom to Baby T (6/6/3)

Bethann31
10-27-2003, 04:31 PM
My daughter was born on 6/4/03 and she sits in it in the upright position, but she has always been the strongest little thing. She will not sit if she can stand. She loves to sit up with the Boppy, and loves to sit in her chair and eat. She has had rice cereal, and oatmeal, and last night she had some sweet potatoes that she adored. I have not been very consistent with solid food, she is mostly breastfed, but I think I will have to improve, as she seems to LOVE all solid food. At 4.5 months, she is bringing the spoon to her mouth. By the way, she is about 13.5 lbs and 25 inches long.
Beth
mom to 3 (13, 11 and 8) and then 1 more (06/04/03)

sntm
10-28-2003, 08:54 AM
Jack is big on sitting now, so we usually keep it in the middle position. Right now, it is purely a means of keeping him safe and with us while we are in the kitchen or eating dinner (though I wheeled it into the bathroom the other day while I was getting ready). We don't have a playpen or exersaucer or swing so it takes the place of those.

We're waiting until 6 months to start him on solids. He's starting to get interested now, but my sister has food allergies so we want to minimize his risk. Plus, several of the babies at daycare are having a tough time with solids now, getting bad tummyaches, so I don't want to push it. I always want to bite my tongue when the moms say their pediatrician told them to wait a few days and try again -- solids are just for fun and practice for most of the first year! If it isn't fun, stop!

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03