PDA

View Full Version : Sharper Image Video Monitor Review

sbirmantaz
10-26-2003, 08:17 AM
Well, I finally bought this video monitor after getting it on sale and free shipping. I saw it in the store and it was great, no static and the color picture was very crisp. But, after getting it at home it is not as good as I had hoped and definitely not worth the money imho. I set it up and the picture is good, but the color screen is useless for us since we only want to use it when dd takes a nap or at night. So, for the darker room you use the infrared setting which of course = no color. Not sure why I hadn't realized this before. Also, the picture is as susceptible as any to intereference. The other negative is that on the second day I had it, I dropped it onto a carpeted floor and the antenna part snapped and now dangles from the screen part! If it breaks that easily (on a rug) then this is definitely not the monitor for our house. Oh well, I was hoping this would be the perfect monitor, but for over $250, I can't justify keeping it since it is only slightly better than the cheapies. Hope this helps someone else in their decision. I think I will go to Sams to see if I can find the Daewoo one mentioned in the other post...

cchavez
10-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks....we were considering this monitor too. We have a bebe sounds and love it but for awhile there I wanted a video monitor too. And the "cheapies" didn't work in our home.