PDA

View Full Version : Tommy Tippee Sippy Cup Question

peasprout
10-27-2003, 12:50 AM
I bought a Tommy Tippee Sippy cup for DD (the smaller one with the handles) and I tried drinking from it since DD didn't seem to be getting anything out of it. I noticed that I couldn't just suck the liquid out like I can with her other sippy cups (yes, I tried them all!),...but instead I had to bite down on it and then the water would come out. Is this right, or do I have a defective one? It's also the first cup I bought with a valve. Could it be that I have the valve on wrong? DD just doesn't seem to how to drink from it and I'm really disappointed since they're not cheap! Thanks in advance!

Momof3Labs
10-27-2003, 08:42 AM
That's how the Tommy Tippee cups work. Different than other sippy cups. We tried one without a valve and it worked okay, but Colin does better with regular sippies without the valves.

Karenn
10-27-2003, 11:05 AM
Hmm, that's not how my Tommee Tippee works. I have the "Tippy Cup"- two handles, weighted bottom, rubberized spout. I'm able to get liquid out of it by just sucking on it. Biting on it does nothing to help or hinder the water coming out. Maybe they've changed the design or something, but the one I have works pretty much like any other valved sippy cup I've ever seen. Good luck getting to the bottom of this! Have you looked on their website?

suz
10-27-2003, 01:32 PM
I have the Tippy cup (weighted bottom) and the regular Easiflow sippy cup. The Tippy does require strong sucking. The Easiflow one requires biting the sprout. Quoted from their site:

"The Tommee Tippee Easiflow spout uses a unique natural action that is designed to reduce dental health problems, making it perfect for your growing toddler." It took my DD a few times to figure how to use it, but she eventually did. I guess it works well for her b/c she's teething right now.

Right after I ordered these online, I found out the BRU carries them for cheaper.

Karenn
10-27-2003, 03:00 PM
I was just at BRU and realized the same thing! The one that I have is the Tippy cup, not the Easiflow, which does appear to require the biting. How funny- the easiflow probably would have been ideal for us in the beginning!