PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the perfect baby monitor...

joaninhak
10-27-2003, 09:43 AM
Not as easy as it sounds, cuz I've got a long list of requirements and would appreciate help from some mommies out there.

I'm looking for a monitor that has sounds and lights, with a lights only option, that has rechargeable batteries, or runs efficiently on normal batteries (I saw one post that said they only lasted 2 days?!)

...and here's the catch - if it can function on 110 or 220 volts, that would be absolutely perfect, I am in Switzerland now so I could just get a 220v one, but everything here costs like 3 times as much as in the US, and then of course I can't use it when we go back to the US. I know lots of appliances that have those little boxes on the plugs will work on 110 OR 220, but that sort of stuff is never included in the info you can find online, unless you get it out of the box and check...! Which obviously I can't do being in Switzerland at the moment.

We live in Africa and travel a lot so that's why the voltage is a big deal, and sometimes the power is off for a loooooong time, which is why I need batteries.

Is this an impossible search? :-)

TIA

Jo