PDA

View Full Version : Cushion for the KinderZeat?

kalebsmama
10-27-2003, 02:11 PM
BabyCatalog has an offer for a free cushion with every KinderZeat purchase. They have the original or European style. I haven't seen either one IRL. Does anyone have the cushion? Is it worth-while or not necessary?
Trying to decide on the best deal for this chair!
TIA!

newbelly2002
10-27-2003, 03:20 PM
I have the European style. Atleast, I think it's the European style. It's the one I bought here in Europe, so I'm guessing....

It's a standard cotton cloth. I got the beige stripes. I loved the way they looked at first but...after about 10 months of wear, they're showing their age. Now, we use this chair 3 times a day and while I wipe the cushions down each time and wash them once a week, I'm not particularly fastidious about it. It's a bit of a pain to get the belly bar on and off which is why I only do it once a week (that and I don't have a dryer, so there's some necessary lag time built in).

However, we've decided to go "au natural" for the rest of the chair's life. Dante is now 15 months old and doesn't need the padding as he did when he was still learning to sit. If your baby is young, you will need them. For the older baby, it's up for debate and personal preference. How are the American cushions different?

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/1/02

kalebsmama
10-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Paula, here's the link with the picture of the 2 types. I am thinking that cleaning a cushion will be a pain and I will probably not use it. Thanks for the info!
http://www.babycatalog.com/cgi-bin/WebStore/indexNZ.cgi/gl=Items_specials/stokke903spec.html/c_id=5768185.10892/store=bcaNZ.setup

lmintzer
10-28-2003, 02:48 PM
We're using the American version now. We thought it would make the transition from the high chair easier (going from one padded seat to another). So far, no big messes to clean up, but I imagine that won't last too long.

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01
& Little brother-to-be, e.d.d., 12/15/03

pamela mom of 3
10-28-2003, 10:21 PM
We have an american seat pad set even tho i have a tripp trapp, so it has a removable front bar/crotch strap...we did not use the pads when ds was using the bar, i didn't even buy them i figured it would only be more to clean lol....anyhow so after ds was old enough to take the bar i invested in them{the pads} however ds is not impressed and will not leave them on! ...

Oh well sorry for the novel, guess i'm neutral on the pads but love the chair!

:)
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3