PDA

View Full Version : Bumbo Baby Sitter

hwin708
10-28-2003, 12:46 AM
Does anyone have this product?
http://www.bonnybabies.com/bumbobabysitter.htm
I think it looks very neat, and comfortable for baby (It's entirely soft, squishy foam). I like it for the exact reason they advertise, which is that it helps baby to interact with older siblings. It looks like the baby could sit pretty securely in the chair while big sister plays, and I won't have to watch like a hawk to ensure my older daughter isn't stepping on baby, LOL.
I read a few reviews on UK sites, but want to be certain before ordering such an expensive product.

Momof3Labs
10-28-2003, 09:31 AM
It depends on your baby. There's no way that Colin would have sat still in something like that - except maybe to eat - even at 5 months, we'd try to prop him up and he'd be off and rolling...

Many parents use a Boppy to prop baby up in a sitting position on the floor; that's a much cheaper alternative!

jfolker
10-28-2003, 01:30 PM
We ordered two of them as gifts, but we have no reports on them yet because the babies that we gave them to are too young to use them.

We did try one out with our son, but only for a short time. Our son has really chubby thighs, and the seat seemed like it was too tight in that area. If it hadn't been for that problem, it seemd like it would have worked really well for him.

Also, if you do decide to get it, you may want to check into getting from England at www.bumpto3.com We got ours from there because it ended up cheaper than from bonnybabies.