PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use those Superyard Baby gates?

Marisa6826
10-28-2003, 06:28 PM
They're the arrange-able ones that kind of look like dog runs for babies?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004RA66/qid=1067316780/br=1-3/ref=br_lf_ba_3//002-9676884-4685612?v=glance&s=baby&n=540992

I'm thinking that it might not be a bad idea to stick Sophie in it while we're dismantling our house and packing.

-m

heidi_timms
10-28-2003, 06:56 PM
I have one and love it. We actually bought it for our dogs last year because we have big Bullmastiffs-110lbs and 120lbs! We used it to completely surround our Christmas tree because they can get rough while playing and I have lots of glass ornaments. I haven't used it for DD yet, but it is very strong and sturdy.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Marisa6826
10-28-2003, 08:31 PM
I would have LOVED to see the bullies playing!!

We have French Bulldogs, so we are partial to braxaphelic dogs :)

-m

sarsah
10-28-2003, 10:53 PM
DS #1 (now 3 1/2) practially lived in his Superyard. It was a HUGE lifesaver for us and he loved it. We bought the extension panel along with the regular unit. We put a bunch of toys in it and he would play in it for hours -- we could get in it with him and play too.

A little background on our situation -- from the time DS#1 was 4 months old until he was 12 months old, my husband was working in a different state from where we lived, so he was only home on the weekends. I had DS all the time during the week with very little help. DS HATED his playpen, so the Superyard was about the only place I could put him if I needed to shower, do a load of laundry, vacuum, etc. We moved when DS was 14 months old and really didn't use the Superyard too much after that. Instead we gated off our living room and DS pretty much had the run of that room.

DS#2 is 5 1/2 months old now and is almost ready to crawl. I'm thinking it's about time to dust off the Superyard once again. I could gate off the living room again, but DS#1 has lots of toys with small parts, etc. that DS#2 could possibly get in to when I'm not looking, so it's probably safer to use the Superyard. Besides, I spent all that money on it, I might as well get more use out of it.

To sum it up, I HIGHLY recommend the Superyard, it worked really well for us. A friend of mine still uses his to 'gate' off his home office area (in his dining room) when his 3 year old DS comes to visit (parents are divorced).

Sarah
Mom to Jason (5/25/00) & Devin (5/12/03)

heidi_timms
10-29-2003, 01:17 AM
Yes, our bullies can get wild! I also wanted to add that we have the extension kit as well.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

Kimberly H
10-29-2003, 06:38 AM
My sister uses one for her son. She's basically made a playpen the size of her living room minus an 18 month old's reach to the TV, birdcage, etc. Literally it takes up her whole living room up to the point where her son could touch things that would be dangerous.

stillplayswithbarbies
10-29-2003, 10:59 AM
This is what we are planning to do. It will look strange, but I can't figure any other way to childproof our family room.

This will also keep the dogs out of baby reach. The cats, however, are on their own.

I assume this thing is sturdy all the way around, so if she pulls up to stand and cruise along it, it will support her?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Marisa6826
10-29-2003, 08:23 PM
I bought it along with the extension kit today. Will let you know how it goes.

-m

Kimberly H
10-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Karen, here's a photo of what my sister's living room looks like -- and what these gates have to go through. That's her husband, son, and our other nephew.

Look at photo #7: http://snurl.com/2rua