PDA

View Full Version : Doorway Jumpers

AbbiZ
10-29-2003, 10:07 PM
Question: We bought one of those Jolly Jump-up doorway jumper for 5 mo DS. He seems to like it, but I'm terrified that he's going to crack his head on the door frame. Anyone had experience with these? Should we return it and get the one with the bumper around it?

stillplayswithbarbies
10-29-2003, 11:30 PM
everything I have read says to get the one with the bumpers for exactly that reason.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

lisajay
05-02-2005, 08:26 PM
I totally agree with prev poster. My daughter definitely got the use out of the bumper, and we have a very wide doorway. The other bonus to the Graco bumper jumper is that it is much easier to get them in and out. I had a regular jumper at my mom's house and it took two people to get her out due to small leg holes. My daughter also like to play with the toys on the tray portion.
It was our favorite thing to use and I almost cried when it was time to put it up. Many good memories of her squeeling in delight, dancing and hopping.
Enjoy!
LJ

duesept05
05-30-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm going to make sure the one I have has a bumper! - Wasn't even aware of this.

lisams
05-30-2005, 04:50 PM
I would get the one with a bumper. The one we got was by Graco, and DD loved it so much and never had a problem banging her head.

Lisa

Lynnie
05-31-2005, 10:36 AM
or the jumperoo is great

NYSarah
05-31-2005, 03:22 PM
Ditto on the jumperoo -- I was afraid to get a doorway jumper (well, plus we have very few doorways in our house which has an open plan thing going downstairs); someone recommended the jumperoo and it's been great, DD loves it and I feel like she's totally safe in it.

JBaxter
05-31-2005, 07:54 PM
I had one for all 3 DSs My latest one has the bumper and Nathan loved it. This may sound odd but when DS #3 was about 5 months I would feed him his cereal& BF then put him in his jumper for about 20 min. He would have a BM EVERY time. That way I could go out and not worry about a messy diaper :)
Jeana