PDA

View Full Version : Good Lotion/Cream?

momma_boo
10-30-2003, 01:16 PM
DD's skin is getting to be a bit dry... there are some rough patches on her arms and legs. It's not red or irritated, just a little dry. Any recommendations for good lotion/cream to use on her skin? I've been trying baby oil or Johnson's Baby lotion w/ aloe & vitamin E (both given to me) and they don't do much.

I didn't want to waste time and money trying different products. I'm hoping some of you may have recommendations based on your experiences. Thanks!

KMommie
10-30-2003, 01:47 PM
If baby lotion and baby oil isn't working too well, I'd try some vaseline or aquaphor. But that's a bit heavy duty, don't know if you want to go that route. We've had good success with Aveeno baby lotion, also. We slather it on right after the bath, while her skin is still a bit damp.

HTH,

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

peanut4us
10-30-2003, 01:56 PM
We use Eucerin on Sara. She has very sensitive and prone-to-being-dry skin. It's in the adult lotion area, but my ped said it's great for babies.

sntm
10-30-2003, 02:35 PM
i second eucerin and aquaphor. both used for babies, both used on ICU patients, very effective and safe. eucerin also makes a wash that is non-drying (but a little stinky)

that said, jack has patches that won't go away either.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

heva
10-30-2003, 02:37 PM
We've really liked the products made by Weleda, especially the calendula cream. You can use it as a lotion, or as a salve to aid in healing - I used it on my sore nipples religiously the first week.

kymama
10-30-2003, 03:56 PM
I used Eucerin on DD when I used Gerber stuff to bathe her, but since switching to Baby Magic Calming Milk Bath, I haven't had to use lotion on her at all. I couldn't believe how soft her skin was after using it a few times. Maybe take a look at what you're using to bathe your DD. I think that sticking to products that are free of fragrance and dye (such as the Calming Milk Bath) can't hurt. Good luck!

Dana

Marisa6826
10-30-2003, 05:46 PM
We LOOOOVE Gentle Naturals Eczema Cream. It's a little spendy (about $7) but it smells SO good.

You can get it in the baby section at Target and also CVS.

-m

teddy
10-30-2003, 05:51 PM
We use Baby Naturals also. It works well. I think DD smells like an old man after we lotion her up. But I like the smell. I've found it at Dominicks/Safeway grocery store in the baby section and Wal-Mart in the wipes/toiletries section.

missym
10-31-2003, 12:41 PM
If anyone uses Aquaphor and wants coupons, let me know. I can get $1 off coupons from my dr's office. It is wonderful stuff, although Jeannie's right about it being "heavy duty."

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

lukkykatt
10-31-2003, 02:42 PM
DS is prone to dry patches of skin in the winter and we love Cetaphil. It is the only thing that I have found to work well for him, and it is not greasy at all.