PDA

View Full Version : Toy suggestions for baby's 1st Christmas (will be 6 mos)?

votre_ami03
10-31-2003, 10:17 AM
I want to start Christmas shopping for DS now. I was considering getting DS (now 3 mos) the FP Peek a Block wagon & a Hug & Learn Baby Tad by Leap Frog. Any reviews on these or any suggestions of good toys for this age? Any input is appreciated. TIA

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03

vpalmer
10-31-2003, 10:45 AM
Christy,

DD will be 6 months around Christmas as well. Here is a list of toys we have bought/are buying for her.

Have bought -
Fisher Price Peek a Block Wagon
Farm Animal Peek a Blocks
Sight Sensation Peek a Blocks
Leap Frog Little Touch Leap Pad
Guess How Much I Love You book for Little Touch
The Animal Book for the Little Touch
Leap Frog Leap Start Activity Table
Animal Alley "Duck" Ring Stacker. (It is soft like a stuffed animal)

Still on her list -
Some type of push walker although DH questions their safety since we have wood floors.
Stacking cups
Gertie Ball
Shape Sorter - Parenting Magazine liked an elephant sorter by Infantino
Baby Mozart DVD
Baby Van Gogh
Spanish/English board books by Rebecca Emberly
Other books

I hope this is helpful.

Veronica
Mom to Eva 6/12/03

votre_ami03
10-31-2003, 11:42 AM
Thanks Veronica! Your list is helpful.

PS. Nolan LOVES his Baby Mozart dvd.

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03

missym
10-31-2003, 12:37 PM
Hi Christy,

If you don't already have them, the Leap Frog Learning Drum and Roll & Rhyme Melody block were both big hits with Gwen at 6 months (and still are!).

Missy, mom to Gwen 03/03

Bethann31
10-31-2003, 08:19 PM
We bought the Peek a Block Wagon a couple of weeks ago, and I will probably go back and get some more. They are so adorable. I am also looking at the FP learning table (the name escapes me at the moment) and some LeapFrog stuff. Oh, and Barbie stuff. My older daughter never could stand anything "girly" so I am overcompensating big time.

Beth
mom to 3 (13, 11 and 8) and then 1 more (06/04/03)

August Mom
10-31-2003, 10:35 PM
Definitely the Leapfrog Leapstart Learning Table. This was DS's fav for months. I read in another thread that it's on sale at Wal-Mart for around $36 which is a good price.

I'm neutral on Baby Tad. We have him and he's okay, but I wouldn't put the toy on my must-have list. DS likes the lights and music, but he doesn't squeeze Baby Tad to activate him. He occasionally presses a button, but not generally when it's the one that's lit. Occasionally, Baby Tad's music has calmed DS in the car and for that we thank Baby Tad. LOL

Other possibilities for 6 months include the Skwish by Manhattan Toy, FP's Happy Vehicles and Tiny Love's 1-2-3 Discovery Lane. As far as the Discovery Lane goes, I'm not sure I would say that is a must-have either, but DS was amused for long periods of time pulling off the velcro shapes and reattaching them. (Of course if you're crafty, you could make this yourself).

HTH