PDA

View Full Version : Which trike w/pushbar do you like?

kristine_elen
11-03-2003, 08:17 PM
I've been reading past posts, but still am wondering about trikes w/pushbars (for parental steering/pushing). If you have one, which kind do you have -- and do you like it? Should I make sure I get one that has A) lockable steering so I can override what Jack does and B) pedals that disenage? Or are those not important? This will likely be a 1-year birthday present from my mom, so we can splurge a bit but I don't want to go overboard.
Thanks!

kristie
11-04-2003, 06:36 PM
Hi,

We purchased the Radio Flyer. They have two versions. One has a single handle push bar and the other has more of like a stroller push bar where you can use both hands to push. I am not sure, but they may be fading out the version that you push with one hand.

We got the one where you can push with both hands. Both versions, I believe, can override baby's steering. I found this detail extremely important. Our version also came with a back pack that attaches to the trike, and a tray holder at the top with the push bar. You can hold water, or whatever drink you use, keys, etc. The drink holder is just deep enough that your cup or bottle of water won't coming tipping or falling out when you are pushing baby. At first I kept putting my hand around the drink thinking it would fall out, but it never does.

I also liked that even if my daughter didn't pedal and just rested her feet, the wheels kept moving.

We really like ours! I think we paid $60-$80 for it. We got it a Toys R Us and I know they just put alot of coupons in the paper.

I would suggest whatever brand you go with, be sure to get your baby a helmet. I know that you probably don't really need one with a trike, but IMO it is best to get your baby used to using one from the start.

Good luck! I hope that helps!

MinnieMouse
11-05-2003, 02:57 PM
Dd loves her Kettler trike. I wouldn't get anything else. It has the freewheeling so dd can rest her feet on the pedals w/o them moving while we push her, lockable steering and the turning radius is limited to 45 degrees each way so the trike doesn't tip over.

Dd has the Jumbo model w/o the air tires. She's 2yo and inseperable from her trike since she got it in September.

HTH

Christine

mamagoosie
11-10-2003, 03:00 PM
We are thinking of getting dd a Kettler trike as well. What are the advantages/disadvanages of the non-air tires? Why did you choose that particular model?

I'd love input from Kettler owners -

Thanks

Alex

MelissaTC
11-13-2003, 07:48 PM
We bought DS a Kettler Air Happy. We really like it. We have the air tires, push bar, bell, safety pad, etc.. DH really liked the air tires and I was able to get everything for like $100 on a super sale.