PDA

View Full Version : Which one, FP activity table or Leap frog??

slecompte
11-04-2003, 10:39 AM
I am trying to decide on which activity table to get for DD for Christmas. The Leap Frog seems to have better reviews on it. Anyone have advice? Which one are you going to get?? Why?

Thanks!

Sheila

August Mom
11-04-2003, 10:57 AM
I don't know much about the FP table, but I highly recommend the Leap Frog Leapstart Learning Table. It's probably our all-time best toy purchase. DS loved it for so long. It was his favorite thing from probably 5 months to 11 months. It doesn't get as much use now that DS walks around, but he still plays with it. It does play music/makes sounds but I don't find it annoying. I think it is a great table and a very entertaining toy.

amp
11-04-2003, 01:01 PM
Grandma & Grandpa are giving Jake the Leapstart Learning Table based on the overwhelming number of recommendations for it on this message board!

votre_ami03
11-04-2003, 02:04 PM
Nana & Papa are buying the Leap Frog table for Nolan as a Christmas gift too. The reviews here are outstanding, as they are on Amazon/Target. I could not find one negative thing on this table.

PS. K-Mart had it advertised for $32.99, I think it was.

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03

KUvsOU
11-04-2003, 06:12 PM
I am not familiar with the FP activity table. However, we do have the Leap Frog table and have had it since my son was about 10 months old. He is sixteen months now and it is still one of his favorite toys. In addition, we have only had to change the batteries once in six months, which is amazing since he plays with it all the time. I like it because it has some different music than his other toys. The volume and on-off switch is on the bottom. He also likes switching the book from the music side to the other side, which the alphabet, numbers, etc.

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02

wendmatt
11-04-2003, 08:07 PM
We got the leapstart after recs from here and dd loves it. It's great for her to stand up (she's almost walking but still likes to hold on) and there are lots of buttons and the music is way better than other noisy toys (jazz) and not at all annoying, although I do walk around singing 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 alot!

brigmaman
11-04-2003, 10:09 PM
LOL, Wendy! My nephew and I sometimes burst out with a "dee-ba-doo-ba-dee-ba-doo-ba-dee-a-bow!" (Guess I butchered that Jazz noise!)
We love the Leapfrog Activity Table. Ds got it when he was 5 months and has played with it ever since. (He is 15 months!) I don't even see his interest in it fading. I agree with pp that the tunes are tolerable, though I do find myself singing the tunes quite a bit.

deborah_r
11-05-2003, 01:02 AM
OMG, I came into this forum to write a post about how catchy the Leapfrog Learning Table music is! My mother is visiting and we got the table on Sunday and we keep breaking out in the "dee-ba-doo-da-das" here too!