PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Play Equipment

jenmcadams
11-04-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm looking for some ideas/feedback on indoor play equipment for my DD for XMas. She's only 14 months old, but loves to climb and slide, etc. We have a pretty large basement and I was looking at some of the Step2 and Little Tykes stuff and was wondering if anyone has any favorites. I'd prefer not to do something quite as large as the Little Tykes 8 in 1 playground, but something that has steps/ladder, a slide, etc. would be great. I trolled some garage sales this summer hoping I could find some used equipment, but I think we're probably going to have to buy it new

Thanks in advance for your help,

brigmaman
11-04-2003, 10:20 PM
I have also been looking for something like this. What I really wanted was the whole setup in the PB catalogue last spring. It was gymboree-like mats, including slides, steps and tunnels. I missed out though and they are no longer available. Their prices were reasonable believe it or not, and the mats even went on sale! Still kicking myself.
Anyway, now I am looking at the Little Tikes Climb and Slide Playhouse. It has a few steps, a curved landing and a short slide. My ds is 15 months and loves to slide as well. It seems to be hard to find something that doesn't have a backwards falling hazard. That is why I like the curved landing instead of just steps up to a slide. Target has this item for 59.99 I think and free shipping. There is also a 10%off coupon for online orders floating around. I can find it if you need it. Walmart has the Climb and Slide for 49.99 but not free shipping.
PB has a wood slide/step combo in the new catalogue that is out of my price range but cute. It has a chalk board and maybe a white board on it. I have seen a cheaper version of this in another catalogue, though I can't remember where.
Good Luck!

KUvsOU
11-05-2003, 10:34 AM
We just purchased the Little Tikes Hide and Slide Climber for my 16 month old. My son could hardly wait for me to put it together and he plays with it all the time. The only downside is the back is pretty open; however, he usually climbs up the slide and only climbs up the back on occasion. Below is a link to the website I purchased it from and they did not charge for shipping and I received my product very quickly:

http://store.yahoo.com/familyfirstdirectstore/coourpr.html

We considered the Little Tikes Climb and Slide Playhouse as well as the Step 2 Kangaroo Climber, but my son is pretty tall for his age and I was afraid he would not use this for very long. I took him to TRU and he didn't seem very excited about either one.

In the spring, we are planning to buy the Naturally Playful Woodland Climber for outside. This has really good feedback, but was a little big for our dining room.

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02

brigmaman
11-05-2003, 11:50 AM
Shawna, Is the basic difference between these two, the climb and slide and the hide and slide, just size? My son is average height, but ofcourse I would like the playset to last a few years. I see what you mean about the height being an issue. I am a nervous mom I guess... Our TRU doesn't have playsets set up. The next TRU is sort of far to travel so I am relying on reviews online. It seems every playset has some danger. I guess I just have to get over it.
Thanks!

KUvsOU
11-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Sorry for not responding sooner. The slide is very small on the hide and slide. Our local TRU didn't carry the Climb and Slide so I had to order it from the internet. My main concern was with the other one there would be much of a slide and he wouldn't play with it. He loves the climb and slide although he has fallen once, but now he is very careful. I know Little Tikes has the height, width and depth information online if you are wanting to compare the two.

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02