PDA

View Full Version : When do new models come out (when to register)?

cjrob47
11-06-2003, 03:46 PM
I asked a similar question on the carseat board. I'm due 3/20 and am getting pressure to register before an upcoming shower. I'm hesitant to register too early in case new models come out. Does anyone know if new models come out at the beginning of the year or throughout the year? For example, should I register for a high chair now, or wait until I need it in case something "better" comes along or a model gets updated? I'd love to get as many gifts as I can ahead of time given the financial burden, but want to do what's smart too. Thanks for any input you have.

kaitlinsmommy
11-06-2003, 07:37 PM
It seems like new models come out all the time. DD is only 11 months and it seems everything is new since she was born. I recommend registering now for things you definitely want - maybe car seat, monitor, clothing. You can always change or add things to your registry. And keep your receipts so you can exchange items if you change your mind later on.

I think it is a good idea to register before your shower so you can receive things you definitely want. Good luck!

JLiebCamm
11-08-2003, 12:01 AM
Register now but don't open any boxes or cut any tags until your baby is born and you're sure that it's what you want. My baby was born in December and it seemed like January was the month that every company advertised a new model. In my situation, Fisher Price came out with the FANTASTIC Ocean Wonders Aquarium swing after we had put together the one for which we had registered. We disassembled the old swing and took it back to Toys R Us, where we were given a merchandise credit that we used for the new swing. So register early to give your family and friends the chance to shop, but hope for gift receipts and stores with good return policies just in case!