PDA

View Full Version : FP Healthy Care high chair or PP Prima Pappa, need help!!!

caroline9
11-08-2003, 09:50 PM
I am so confused! I just purchased the prima pappa on the internet (for $139.00 with free shipping) but now I was able to locate a FP heatly Care high chair deluxe without the ruffle. Problem is, I do not know if I can even cancel my oriiginal order, or if I should. I took DD to try them out today (FP and PP), and I must say the Prima Pappa seems to have an easier tray release, and a nice gliding mechanism, though I can see how clean up is problematic with all of the separate parts of the padded seat, it is not one piece. However, the FP tray release did not seem nearly as easy, and I am also uncertain that it will be an OK sizer for my DD, as she is already 18 pounds and 26.5 inches at 6 months. It also did not feel nearly as sturdyt (though I was only able to try her in the regular model).

ANY ADVICE would be greatly appreciated, would the FP deluxe be too small for her at the rate she is growing? Is the prima pappa at $139 worth keeping? I checked out the chicco mamma, and although I do like the seat, it I am not too keen on the bar being on the tray.

Thank in advance for any feedback!

sarsah
11-08-2003, 11:10 PM
My neighbor has the PP Prima Pappa in white leatherette and it has truely been a nightmere to clean. She is ready to consign it and buy a Baby Trend like the one I have.
My DS is 6 months old and around the size of your DD and we LOVE the Baby Trend seat (except for the wheels locking at random, but I can deal with that). Have you looked at the Baby Trend high chair -- I have the new 2003 model and have been quite pleased.

Sarah.......mom to Jason (3 1/2) & Devin (6 months)

caroline9
11-09-2003, 12:27 AM
Thanks for responding! I actually did look at the baby trend, but decided against it because I wanted a vinyl seat, and I'll admit I was attracted to the "country sun" pattern on the PP. Does the new 2003 model of the Baby Trend have a vinyl seat?

Did you try your baby in the FPHC high chair?

gisele
11-09-2003, 02:20 PM
Personally, I like the PP over the FP chair. I have the tan leatherette and it has been easy to clean - I always wipe up after feeding. I have several friends who have the PP and they are quite happy with it. $139 for a PP is an excellent price. My son is 6 months old, 15.5 pounds and sits in the PP just fine. I prefer how the whole chair tilts for a recline, rather than just the back (like the FP); I think that's more comfortable and gives more support for a young infant. If you can afford it, I'd stick with the PP.

Myfourkids
11-09-2003, 02:36 PM
I also have the PP in Tan leatherette and I love it!!
My seat pad is all one piece so I am not sure if the other PP has seperate pieces.
I have had no problems keeping it clean, as a matter of fact I think it's pretty easy to clean. I am pretty fanatical about keeping it clean! :o)
I say stick with the PP also especially for that price! I paid $189.00 for mine.

Just my .02 worth!

caroline9
11-09-2003, 07:39 PM
Thank you so much fror your responses!!

I looked at the PP AGAIN today, and while I do not like that the seat cover slides over a separate piece of plastic (like a sleeve) from the arm, the whole chair just seems so solid. And I love the way the tray removes. And you are right, the cover is all one piece, it's just that it has creases/openings for proper fitting that the other covers do not have...Has anyone tried sewing or placing a pice of vinyl in the corners?

In any case, the whole things seems like it could just be vacuumed with a small nozzle and I really do like it for durability and longevity.

I REALLY appreciate the feedback!

durga8
11-12-2003, 11:45 PM
Caroline,
This is a great discussion...I am thinking of gettting the PP. would you mind sharing which internet site you got the PP chair from? Is the tan leatherette?
thanks,
durga8

amyff
11-13-2003, 07:33 PM
I don't know if you have decided but I just thought I would add my 2 cents! We love our FP Healthy Highchair. It was inexpensive and it fits all of our needs. The tray comes off easily and it is easy to clean (no ruffle). My daughter is about 24 pounds and 31 inches long and she has plenty of room! I just LOVE the 3 snap on trays that you can throw in the dishwasher!!!!

Sarah1
11-15-2003, 04:34 PM
Not sure if you made your decision yet--but thought I'd chime in--

We have had the FP Healthy Care Deluxe for several months now (DD just turned 1 a week ago) and it's been great. We got it for $89. DD is on the bigger side--she is 75th percentile for weight--and there is still plenty of room in there for her, although I wouldn't say a TON of extra room. My good friend has the Chicco Mama, and Audrey has eaten in that and it is definitely a roomier chair. I'm not sure how the PP's dimensions compare to the Chicco Mama, but I have heard from people that the FP is not as roomy. And that may be another reason I like it--the chair doesn't seem so huge to me.

It is VERY easy to clean and I like how it has the three trays that pop in and out and that you can put in the dishwasher. The seat pad comes up really easily to get out all the yucky food chunks that get left behind.

Again, I'm sure you'd be happy w/either chair...it seems like such a critical decision when you're making it, but whatever you decide will work out fine, no doubt!

Good luck!

caroline9
11-17-2003, 02:04 AM
Thanks ladies for all of the help again! I did decide to go with the PP, prinarily b/c it folded so well and we are extremely limited in space! Sure enoguh, I have been folding it everyday since I got it! So far so good, here's pic of her in it if you'd like to see!

http://www.tomatocaper.com/baby/solids.html

BTW, durga8, I got the chair from babydealz.com. Part of the reason I stuck with the order is that I was never able to contact them via telephone, so I was worried they had shipped it already. Sure enough, they did finally email me back before it shipped, but I received it the next day so I would have had to act fast to cancel the order. I imagine with that low a price you sacrifice any hopes of immediate contact!

houseof3boys
11-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Cute pictures!!!! She's a doll.

durga8
11-18-2003, 12:29 AM
thanks Caroline for the URL. your little one is so cute and i love the chair pattern.
durga8