PDA

View Full Version : Rash on face

nat12
11-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Ds is 5 months and has been getting a rash on his cheeks and chin lately. It might be because he's sleeping on his tummy more and more and rubbing his face on the sheet. I called my pedi's office and they said that I can use the hydrocortisone cream that I'm already using on his seborrhea but I don't like the idea of using that cream too much, plus I don't want ds touching his face and then putting his fingers in his mouth. Any suggestions on what I can do, other than wash the area with water? Thanks.

Natalie
Ethan 6/14/03

missliss55
11-10-2003, 05:11 PM
My dd will be 7 months old this weekend and at around the same age was getting a rash on her cheeks as well. She is a droller and has been teething for sometime and sleeping on her stomach didn't help. Her rash was really just dry skin and so we used a lotion called Eucerin that can be found at your local supermarket as well as a healing ointment called Aquaphor (spelling?). Aquaphor has been a life saver for us. Kind of expensive and can also be found at the supermarket, but let me tell you it works wonders. Hope that helps!

Melissa
Emma 4/16/03

Momof3Labs
11-10-2003, 06:00 PM
Alternatively, have you started solids recently? I found that I had to wipe Colin's face pretty good after he ate, or he would get a rash.

Andrea S
11-10-2003, 08:34 PM
Andrew would get a rash on his face when he was teething and drooling more. I would put lanolin on it and it would clear up by the next day.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

nat12
11-11-2003, 02:02 PM
I've been using a bit of Eucerin but it has petrolatum in it and I thought maybe it wasn't such a good thing to use on his face, that it might clog his pores. Can babies even have clogged pores, lol? I used the cream, maybe the lotion would be better. Thanks.

Natalie

nat12
11-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Nope, haven't started solids, I'm still wiping the dribbles of breastmilk, lol.

Natalie

nat12
11-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Ethan just got his tooth and has been drooling a lot less than he was a month ago when he DIDN'T have a rash. So I guess I could try putting on Lansinoh? Never thought of that, I've got so much extra because it never seemed to help me much. Thanks!

Natalie

Jen in Chicago
11-12-2003, 09:24 AM
Ped told us yesterday to use .5% (hard to find since most are 1%)hydrocortisone cream on Jude's drool rash, then cover it with vaseline. I am giving it a few days. He did already have a yeast infection on his neck that we had to use Lortinin (sp?) on. Water and lotion (Lanisoh) where not cutting it for the rash.