PDA

View Full Version : Madeline dolls

Kimberly H
11-09-2003, 11:32 PM
I loved the Madeline books growing up and I see they're changing the dolls to a more "modern" style with big eyes, freckles, etc. In other words, she's adorable but looks nothing like the character in the books. She sort of looks like I imagine Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables!

Do I start gathering the old style Madeline dolls and hope she loves her as much as I did or should I forget it all together?

By the way, my DH thinks I'm nuts to even think about it, much less obsess about it.

elvisfan
11-10-2003, 12:28 AM
I hate it when a classic is revamped!! Go for the older version on ebay. Good luck:)

zen_bliss
11-12-2003, 04:53 AM
i'm keeping an eye out for the old madelines in tjmaxx, marshalls, ross, etc. the guy at TRU said they've been discontinued. i am appalled by the 'new' mass-consumer american madeline. gross. the classic illustrated european version.... well, isn't that the point? it's like the 'disneyfied' winnie the pooh. grrrr.

brubeck
11-12-2003, 10:27 AM
I don't know if they still have it or not but a year ago on Babycenter I got the dress-up Madeline doll for my daughter. It looks just like the girl in the books and comes with a coat, dress, shoes, hat, socks, shoes and underwear you can take off. It even has the appendectomy (sp?) scar!

Since this doll was being sold regularly last Christmas I suspect that you might still find some around. Did you try overstock.com?

I just looked around for a minute and I found the doll I bought online:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/creativetoy/dresmad.html

HTH!