PDA

View Full Version : What does (did) your 9-Mo old play with?

cinrein
11-10-2003, 04:07 PM
It seems like we should be moving into a new arena of toys, but I'm not sure what to get. Went to TRU and was intimidated by all the huge plastic toys, which BTW Anna didn't seem all that interested in. This is what we have so far that she likes to play with:

Leapstart Learning Table
Discovery Toys Nesting Cups
Lamaze Fabric stacking rings
Various Sassy tub toys that are not used in the tub, but are chew toys
Some Tykes fabric finger puppets that she loves to carry around
A First Years footstool that she likes to pull herself up on
A HUGE tupperware bowl with lid that serves as a drum
An Avon angel/teething ring that plays LOUD bible songs
A fabric covered Lamaze board book that she spends a lot of time turning pages
A Lamaze fabric "cookie jar" that lets her put cookies into a see through jar
2 Gertie balls, smooth and bumpy
Plus she loves to look at her board books, especially the touch and feel ones.

I want to get her some kind of ride-on toy/walker that she can use to pull herself up with. What other types of toys would be good for this age?

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

kristine_elen
11-10-2003, 05:52 PM
I'd suggest touch-and-feel books, and the Tiny Love "activity center." ("Developlay.")

gamommy2noahnavery
11-11-2003, 08:58 AM
My DD is 9.5 months, loves the FP Stand up ball blast and the FP stride to ride walker. She also enjoys playing with shake/rattle pooh, and anything her big brother play with!

Sarah1
11-11-2003, 09:35 AM
Cindy,

Audrey just got a GREAT b-day gift that I think would be perfect--it is by Neurosmith, called the Grow & Discover Block. It's from 6 mo +, and she is totally intrigued by this thing. It's a big, soft block that is supposed to help teach shapes and dressing skills and it's big enough and stable enough for her to pull herself up on. I think Anna would definitely like it. I have no idea what it cost b/c it was a gift, but it was bought at Target.

Another toy we bought around 9 mos. was the Magical Activity Walker by Today's Kids (from Amazong). I will warn you, it is loud, but she has enjoyed it.

Have fun! I remember around that time, I felt like Audrey was getting bored of all her toys.