PDA

View Full Version : I GOT IT!!!! -Wooden toy alert & a plea for those who might find this!!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Several months back JoJo mentioned a great catalog called "Back to Basics" filled with some awesome wooden toys.
I had on Tristan's wish list for the Holidays a wooden mixing bowl, toaster, and blender from the company. I was shocked yesterday when they had them at TUESDAY MORNING - FOR $19.99 EACH!!!!

The normal prices are in the high $30's to $40 something EACH...
I bought the blender and mixer but they were out of the toaster. I called all four of the Tuesday Mornings within a good 60 miles of here and none are left at any of them. If anyone ventures out to Tuesday Morning and sees the toaster could you grab it for me and I of course would pay you back INSTANTLY with shipping too...
I would be forever grateful. They go so well with the Kitchen I have for Tristan and I am afraid they are 'closing them out' to have had them at Tuesday Morning.

Here they are...mind you I only need the toaster!!!!!

http://www.elearningtoys.com/toys.mvc?p=kdk63024&Category_Code=wooden&6a7f83aa661cb6146f60689b3296b6dd

http://www.elearningtoys.com/toys.mvc?p=kdk63008&Category_Code=wooden&6a7f83aa661cb6146f60689b3296b6dd

http://www.elearningtoys.com/toys.mvc?p=kdk63023&Category_Code=wooden&6a7f83aa661cb6146f60689b3296b6dd

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

ismommy
11-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Neve,

I was planning a Tuesday morning run tomorrow s will look for you. Welcome back. I had asked about you but didnt have your email. Hope all is well with you an tristan.

Helene
mommy to Isabella 9/19/01

Momof3Labs
11-17-2003, 09:35 PM
Oh my goodness, those are adorable!!! I can do a Tuesday Morning run for you on Friday, if no one has located this yet. Unfortunately, I have to work for the next three days :-(.

BTW - remember the ride-on fire truck? I picked one up (also 60% off - $20) about two weeks ago at our Tuesday Morning! Yay!

houseof3boys
11-17-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm happy you're back sweetie!!!!

I hope someone finds the cute toaster for T.

nathansmom
11-17-2003, 10:27 PM
I'll go hit all the ones out here for you.

Glad your back. You've been missed.

Andrea S
11-18-2003, 08:07 AM
That is too cute! I can check around here.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

lukkykatt
11-18-2003, 02:09 PM
Neve, I am embarrassed to say that I snagged that toaster up as soon as I saw it - it was the last one that they had. There is another Tuesday Morning here though, so I'll give them a call and see if they have it.

BTW, they only had the ONE toaster - no mixing bowl and no blender, so you are still ahead of me :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-18-2003, 02:40 PM
I'm glad you got it!!! In all honesty the set doesn't need them all so I think you'll be as happy with the toaster as the blender/mixer if you don't get them all...

Out of our three local Tuesday Mornings (within 60 miles) two stores were out of everything, and one on sunday had 2 mixers and one blender left...do you want me to call there and see if I can grab those for you???
Let me know if so!!!!

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

mattiew
11-18-2003, 04:07 PM
I checked our Tuesday Morning - sorry to say there wasn't a thing!!

Carriee

mattiew
11-18-2003, 04:07 PM
I checked our Tuesday Morning - sorry to say there wasn't a thing!!

Carriee

muskiesusan
11-18-2003, 05:21 PM
Neve,

I am just seeing this post. I happened to be on the search for the mixer, which the store I was at today didn't have, but they had a couple of toasters. Do you still need one, I can go back tomorrow. These are really popular, this was my fourth store and the only one that had anything left!

Let me know!

Susan
WAHM to Nicholas 10/01/01
& Baby #2 due 4/23/04!!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-18-2003, 05:59 PM
A friend checked up in DC on her way home from work and got me one -she just called!!!!

Susan I've been trying to call the store "near" us (it's about 40 minutes away but the only one that had any left) and their line has been busy for about 10 minutes, I was going to see if they had a mixer for you...on Sunday I think they had one left!!!!

muskiesusan
11-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Glad you got the toaster!

Thank you for checking on the mixer for me! That's the one I really want since Nick sees me use the Kitchen Aid, he has not idea what a blender is!

Susan

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-18-2003, 06:46 PM
I found one...I didn't realize we had a store in Rocky Mount...I called and they have mixers (or so she said)...
[email protected]
send me your address...I figure even with shipping cost it is way cheaper than the cost from the catalog...I wanted to make certain you agree before I make the trek!!!

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

phirey
11-18-2003, 08:00 PM
Neve,

I don't have a Tuesday Morning within easy reach. I'm just posting to say I'm SOOOOOO glad you're back on the boards. You've been sorely missed.

P

egoldber
11-18-2003, 08:32 PM
Well I checked my Tuesday Morning today and they were all out. The woman there told me they were in the ad and her store only got about 8 of them and they were all gone in a couple hours!

But Neve you're going to be the death of my finances, LOL!! I found a TON of other things to buy there, LOL!!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-19-2003, 06:46 PM
I GOT 'EM!!!!
I hope to get to the post office tomorrow :)
I notice the toaster at TM is minus the bagel as opposed to the ones at BTB but to save $20 on it I'm fine with no bagel :)...it does have the toast x2 and butter!!!!

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

muskiesusan
11-19-2003, 07:06 PM
Yeah!! Is my life sad now that things like this give me a rush?

Thank you so much!

Susan

suz
11-24-2003, 02:24 PM
Hi Neve,
Thanks for the toy tip. What a great find! I found the blender and mixer at my first Tuesday Morning, but had to go to 3 to find the toaster. It wasn't even in the toy section. They had it next to some storage area. BTW, they had the wooden kitchen for $79 too. Very tempted but no storage space. You should've seen my husband when I told him we were going hunting for a wooden toaster!

I took each one out of the box and just sat there admiring it. Always wanted cool toys like these when I was a little girl.

Just wondering...did your sets have a strong paint smell to it and how do you get rid of this smell?

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Adorable Avatar!!!!
YES mine do have a strong paint smell. I can't say I notice it anymore but did notice it right when I opened them. I too had to take each and admire them :)...I LOVE THEM!!!!

I don't know how the smell could be tamed, mine are still out of the boxes in his "kitchen" to his nursery so I have not noticed it since. I wonder if the baby powder lysol used on it might help????

So glad you love them!!!
I saw their kitchen...there is a company on ebay right now selling the best kitchens I've seen so far (pricey though)...Tristan's kitchen is from my childhood, my dad made it and it is very simple...
This picture is from before the room was done :)
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan/images/play_area.jpg

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

bluej
12-08-2003, 08:47 PM
If anyone still needs/wants these I picked up an extra set (all three pieces) at my Tuesday Morning today.

redhookmom
03-07-2004, 05:14 PM
There is sewing machine out now. It is sooo cute. I am thinking the Easter Bunny might bring one to our house. I will try to find a link.

Edited to add link. (There is a coffee maker too.)

http://www.nogginworks.com/store/