PDA

View Full Version : Do I dare mention another purchase that some might be interested in???

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-18-2003, 10:43 PM
I'm fearing hate mail that I'm always posting tempting toys and of course they are all from 'scavenger hunt' kind of stores so I send us all into a tail spin as to which place has it, which is out of it...where do we find them etc...like someone else called it here "Adventure Shopping"...

"WOODLAND FANTASY ADVENTURE SETS"
Totally wooden handmade sets (fantastic work) of "scenes"
There are to name a few
*Nativity
*Farm
*Pirate
*Noah's Ark
*Circus

Well two weeks ago I made Steve cart my derriere all over NC to get me a nice collection of these...
I found them at KB Toys "outlet" for $19.00/$19.00 and they are normally up in the $30's but the workmanship on them was just incredible.
They have the complete sets for $19 each
They had smaller sets which were nice for $9 each

So here is the link to KB Toys to see if a store is near you
http://www3.kbkids.com/STATES/storfind8.htm?abc=

And here are samples of some of the scenes avaialble
BUT THESE SAMPLES ARE FROM DIFFERNT SITES AND A SEARCH VIA THE WEB NOT KB TOYS SUPPLY...See the first link to see the detail!!!!

http://www.liveandlearn.com/maxim/woodlandfantasiesnativity.html
http://www.liveandlearn.com/maxim/woodlandfantasiespirate.html
http://create.safeshopper.com/58/233.htm?824

Here is an example of the "small set"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3156514161&category=1197

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

egoldber
11-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Neve, truly I was just kidding about you brining about my financial ruin! LOL!! :)

Also, my Tuesday Morning had things similar to this as well, but a different brand. There was a farm scene, one with a castle and knights and another that I can't recall. They didn't float my boat, but were quite nice.

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-18-2003, 11:53 PM
OH I wasn't just joking at your comment I've gotten several emails of "innocent" trips to Tuesday Morning that turned into "financial ruin" :)...

If you look closely at these the work on them is way differnt then the ones at my Tuesday Morning. The ones that are at TM are the same "themes" but they are actually more like toys, smooth and I suspect (though nicely made) are cut via machine.

I would display these others for my use (though they are clearly his)-but to me they are art!!!

These that I just posted if you look at the characters are each painted and cut by hand...the work on them is amazing!!!! I jsut wanted to point that out incase others TMs have the sets (which I also have)and didn't want folks to assume they are similiar. Outside of the themes to me they are totally different!!!

Also I saw your doll house post...I loved that Costco Doll House it reminded me of the ones in Europe when I was a child. I saw your update and tried to post to it but it didn't take, I thought this a great site for other items that are hand carried like the doll house.
Thsi site also has a family of 'bears" etc...
If you look at the site where I posted the pics of the kitchen items that place had more of those type items then I've seen anywhere else...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

new_mommy25
11-19-2003, 10:57 AM
Neve,

Is it just KB outlet's that have thses sets? I'd love to get a Noah's Ark for DS and a Nativity set for myself but the nearest outlet is over an hour away. We do have several regular KB's that are closer. I'm going to call them but they probably are not that great price.

I wanted to add that all this talk about Tuesday Morning has gotten me really intrigued. I looked up their website (don't know why I didn't do it before) and found out that there are 2 within 20 minutes away. So that is what DS and I will be up to today. I am a major shoppaholic and if these stores are as good as you say they are I have every reason to be scared. I am giving myself a $50 limit and I swear I will stick by it :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-19-2003, 11:15 AM
$50 can get you far at TM...jsut only take that and leave your cc at home -if that is your strict plan!!!! Keep in mind TM restocks constantly with differnt items so today you might go for something and there is nothing but another day you go and there is everything...chat with the staff to get the "ins and outs" it is differnt than anyother kind of store...they'll tell you!!!!

From my internet search those other woodland fantasies are not only at KB, but that is the only place I have seen them at , but in all honesty I haven't been in anyother toy store...their prices were great...I'd call KB and see (thought hey might not know their stuff ask for a manager and see)...

Our KBs is also not too near me or I'd run for you...(nothing is near me)...I only saw the nativity set the day I noticed these when I went back they were gone...I think I might order one after the holdiays via the web if KB does not get more in.

I got Noahs arc, Farm and an Indian set the "delux" at $19
I'd call them, worse case scenerio those Ebay prices didn't look too bad-funny Steve wnated to buy them up and sell them on Ebay but shipping would be expesnive I assume!!!!

Keep me posted!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

lukkykatt
11-19-2003, 02:25 PM
Aww, Neve! I hope you don't mean me. I was really just kidding! Ok, I did spend WAY more than I had thought I would at TM, but I love everything I got.

Please keep the scavenger lists coming!

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-19-2003, 06:40 PM
I have always been guilty of finding things that tempt folks :)...many of my friends husband's joke that they are not allowed to shop with me...but I am frugal (at times)...

I do have to say to everyone don't take your DH's to TM with you...Steve ruins my experince by adding up what I am spending as I grab it and throw it in the cart all happy :)...leave 'em at home!!!

Neve
Feb 25, 2003

new_mommy25
11-19-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks Neve! We didn't get to go to TM this morning. I looked outside after I got off the computer and the ground was covered in snow! In Seattle! Very unusual. Anyway I knew that there would be horrible traffic and I'd probably never make it over the bridge, so I need to wait :( . My KB doesn't have the toys but I'm going to call the outlet. We may go up to the outlet mall soon and try to get some early xmas shopping done.