PDA

View Full Version : ack! what are you getting your baby for christmas (9-12 month age range)

etwahl
11-21-2003, 06:42 PM
for months i've been watching the ideas around this section, but can't really narrow it down to the "best" toys. i'm remembering a few that were mentioned as good, but can't even decide on what i want now! and can't remember if i'm missing out on some really good ones that i've missed or forgotten. so i'm not getting all these, but these are some i remember as being recommended. any more i should consider? any i should take off the list for sure? specifically some she can PLAY WITH NOW (at christmas)?

- neurosmith music block
- radio flyer walker (w. bumper)
- curiosity cube
- gertie ball
- wooden rocking horse

SOOOOOO, what are the other ideas? i've got to start ordering online!!!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Momof3Labs
11-21-2003, 08:11 PM
A rocking horse is great, but Lauren's not ready for it. Colin isn't either, but he'll probably get his for Christmas.

How about a play table, like the Leapfrog Learning Table? If she's pulling up, she'll have a blast with that!

etwahl
11-21-2003, 08:17 PM
she's not pulling up yet, but she already has the leapfrog learning table!

unfortunately i know it would be a while before she'd be ready for the rocking horse...here's my reasoning behind it - i figured if i waited until next christmas, would she already be able to use it prior to that? maybe i should wait? but then i really liked the one from plow and hearth, although they probably will have one similar next year...

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

bluej
11-21-2003, 08:27 PM
Her birthday isn't far off from Christmas, you could get her the rocking horse then.

C99
11-21-2003, 10:35 PM
Not that much! I'm also going to get Nathaniel some sort of walker-rider thing, like the Radio Flyer one. And I've gotten him a Manhattan Sqwish toy. J.'s gotten him some Dr. Suess books. And I think I'm going to get him some Haba blocks and some little things for his stocking (like bubbles, balls, etc.)

kaitlinsmommy
11-21-2003, 11:26 PM
What is the Radio Flyer walker? I really want to get dd a push toy or ride on toy and am overwhelmed by all the choices out there.