PDA

View Full Version : Lamaze Octotunes is COOL!

deborah_r
11-23-2003, 01:55 AM
So far DH and I are having more fun with it than DS. And the dog likes the way it smells. It smells like vanilla, and I have no idea why. it is not even mentioned anywhere on the tags that it is specially scented.

We hit 10% off at Imaginarium today (I'm sure the prices will go down more, but I was woorried they'd get wiped out before then!)

suz
11-23-2003, 11:53 PM
I have one too, but my DD doesn't know how to play with it yet. Strange....but I thought it had a nice smell to it too--kind of reminded me of a cookie I used to eat.

Piglet
11-24-2003, 11:13 AM
I am in love with this toy and the smell is so yummy. That having been said, we didn't buy it for DS because I really think adults like it a lot more than kids do. Our friends have a 16 month old and she doesn't really care for it as a musical "instrument". DS also didn't get how to use it. They like it as a stuffed animal.

myllam
11-24-2003, 08:14 PM
That is so funny. I bought it when DS was a few months old because it was so highly rated, but I loved it much more then he did. His cousins who were 11 and 8 at the time liked trying to play the tunes.

The vanilla smell makes me hungry :) I think it makes DS (27 months) hungry too, because now he licks the feet, looks up at me and says "mmm, Ice Cream" (All mom can think of is, oh my gosh the germs! :(

deborah_r
11-24-2003, 08:17 PM
I must agree, he is not nearly as into it as I had hoped. But maybe as he gets older...

ethansmom
11-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Per the salespeople at our Discovery store, it's vanilla scented because it's supposed to be soothing.