PDA

View Full Version : Interesting "thumbs down toys"

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-24-2003, 11:50 PM
From a site mentioned in another thread...search this site for some that are highly recommended. I haven't had time to read much thru it but wanted to share since there is a lot of toy talk this season :)...

http://www.toyportfolio.com/Toddlers/ThumbsDown.asp?Chapter=Toys:%20Toddlers:%20One%20a nd%20Two%20Year%20OldsToys:%20Toddlers:%20One%20an d%20Two%20Year%20Olds

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

smomom
11-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Thanks for that posting. That's a great site!

MelissaTC
11-25-2003, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the link! I don't agree with their review of the FP Farm sounds set. Matthew LOVES it! While I agree that the pieces should make the sounds, not the building, it keeps him engaged for quite a while and he loves the sounds. It doesn't hinder his imagination one bit! :)

Just my 2 cents...

pamela mom of 3
11-26-2003, 09:25 PM
I also like the farm, i honestly never put the battery in it }(

Nobody has seemed bothered by this......although i do admit my eldest
saw an ad on TV and asked why ours made no noise lol ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-26-2003, 09:49 PM
So I may learn from you what was your answer to him????
That is hilarious :)...

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

egoldber
11-26-2003, 11:23 PM
While my DD likes the farm OK, its definitely not a fav toy. I have to admit the farm has kind of soured me on other FP toys.

starrynight
11-28-2003, 11:03 PM
I wonder why fisher price has started adding sounds to so many of their sets? I thought the point was imagination? Although if a toy makes noise it won't stop me from buying it, I just wonder why they messed with something that sold just the way it was kwim? We got Daria the sweet sounds lp home (for xmas this year) because I found it on clearance, I actually wanted the "quiet" home sweet home lol. I saw both of them in Target today but most stores just have the sweet sounds one. Although I suppose I could leave out the batteries ;).

I got Alex a farm from walmart 3 years ago that came with animals and has buttons on the side of the farm that you push to make the animal sounds, it hasn't confused him at all but then again there is a picture of each animal on the button. I think it was $18 but I haven't ever seen it again. My kids still play with it now after 3 years and except for one animal gone missing it still has the parts.

deborah_r
11-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the great link, Neve! Added it to my favorites, right under this message board!!