PDA

View Full Version : Opinions wanted on Leap Frog Learning Drum...

KimberleyDawn
11-28-2003, 09:23 AM
http://www.leapfrog.com/do/findproduct?ageGroupID=ages_infant&id=learningdrum

Kim

alexsmommy
11-28-2003, 10:07 AM
We don't have one yet, but a friend has one and DS LOVED it. He's at an age where he likes to hit on anything, so this was great. So that great Santa known as Grandpa picked one up for X-mas. I can't speak to durability since we only played with it for one evening, but it seemed (like all Leap Frog things) well made. Hope this helps.
Alaina - Mom to Alex 2-4-03 (born at 32 weeks)

MelissaTC
11-28-2003, 12:44 PM
We received this as a gift last year for Christmas. DS has shown little interest in it and I find the music kind of annoying after awhile. Since my close friend gave it to us, I try to put it into the play rotation but DS simply doesn't like it...

emmiem
11-28-2003, 01:36 PM
We have it and my DD plays with it occasionally. Not as often as I would have thought. She has had it over 2 years now. She plays more often with the lollipop drum.
Emmie

wendmatt
11-28-2003, 03:59 PM
dd played with this all the time from 7-11 mths and now ignores it at a year! She will beat it a bit but not like she used to, but it was worth the money as she did play with it alot......music does get annoying though!

C99
11-28-2003, 10:32 PM
We received this as a gift as well. I think he likes hitting the drum, but I agree that the sounds get annoying after awhile. He does seem to like to hit the drum, but I don't think he's terribly interested in the noises it makes.

Karenn
11-28-2003, 11:43 PM
We have one. Colin plays with it, but it's by no means a favorite. He's just as happy to bang on an empty formula can as he is the drum. He enjoys the Leap Frog See & Learn Piano more.

KUvsOU
11-29-2003, 05:38 PM
My son received this for Christmas last year when he was six months old. He did not show a terrible amount of interest in it until he was almost a year old. He plays with it off and on throughout the day, but it is definitely not one of his favorite toys. I also wish the volume control was located somewhere that he could not find it. It is not too bad when the volume is low, but it is a little too loud on high. He seems to like his Leap Frog Learning Table better than his drum.

Shawna
Mom of Cade 6/16/02

onlyone
11-30-2003, 03:24 PM
We have one also. My DD showed little interest at first and now there's something about it that scares her. I don't know exactly what it is, but she starts crying... she's 9 mo old.

The Learning Table, on the other hand, has been a great investment and it's her favorite toy.

Good luck

md

s7714
11-30-2003, 05:07 PM
My MIL has gotten this for one of DD's Christmas presents this year. She likes banging on things so I'm hoping she'll like it.

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03