PDA

View Full Version : Air purifiers

Jeanmick
11-29-2003, 12:52 AM
The aftermath of the fires here in SoCal have prompted my DH and I to look into the purchase of an air purifier. The Santa Ana winds that blow from time to time have stirred up the extra fine ash and dust from these fires and it blankets the entire county for days. Breathing at times is a bit hard---my DH says he can taste the dust (EWW!). Anyway, we are seriously in the market for one, since we're pretty sure future winds will do this again for some time to come. I've done a search on the boards for any posting on this topic and have only found one, so I thought I'd ask again. Anybody with experience with air purifiers and/or recommendations on one?

TIA

KMommie
11-29-2003, 12:39 PM
We have a Honeywell Room Air Purifier. I honestly don't use it very often, since it's kind of noisy. I've heard that the Ionic Breeze isn't very good. You might want to look at sneeze.com. They are an allergy website (used to be called gazoontite.com and had a b&m store at South Coast Plaza.) They have quite a few different brands of purifiers.

HTH,

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03