PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else's baby hate the bouncy chair?

chlobo
11-30-2003, 04:24 PM
My 3 week old daughter hates her bouncy chair. We had been told that it would be a lifesaver but every time we put her in it she cries.

I'm wondering if we should return it and try a swing? Anybody else have a baby that hated a bouncy seat but liked a swing?

s7714
11-30-2003, 05:12 PM
At 3 weeks of age my DD cried when put in her bouncy seat (or any place else), simply because it wasn't our arms. Once she was a little older she was just fine in it. In fact, that's were she sits every morning while I shower. I say give it at least another month before you give up on it.

(We have a swing too, but didn't get that until she was 2 months old.)

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

Kimberly H
11-30-2003, 07:50 PM
My 6 month old niece was just here visiting and it was the most amazing thing - every time they put her in the vibrating FP bouncy chair, she pooped!

Not just once or twice but EVERY TIME! They call it the Poop Chair.

I was amazed :)

sntm
11-30-2003, 08:12 PM
may depend on the kind. jack never did totally warm up to the Chicco activity rocker but seems to like the plain jane bouncies at day care. she may like it as she gets a little older, though.

shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

Xariklia
11-30-2003, 08:15 PM
give her more time, she's still too young. It took my dd some time to get used to it, now she sits there while i shower, while we eat dinner, etc. she is now 4 months. we also have the swing which is great also. i can get a good half hour from it, and if i'm lucky, she'll doze off sometimes too. good luck

Momof3Labs
11-30-2003, 09:03 PM
Colin always screamed in the bouncy chair - it didn't matter what age he was. Although the older he got, the more he seemed to scream in it. He has always preferred a more upright position, even as a newborn. He liked the swing better, although that had a limited life for us (he was probably 5-6 weeks before he started to like it, and probably liked it for a couple of months).

egoldber
11-30-2003, 09:18 PM
She may still warm up to it, so I'd keep it around for awhile. But my DD was never very fond of it. She liked it OK, but it wasn't her favorite place to be.

HTH,

starrynight
11-30-2003, 10:16 PM
My older 2 loved it. Eliza could take it or leave it. On occassion she likes it but mostly she is fussing within a minute or two of being in it. She seemed to like it more at 3 weeks than she does now at 2 months though.

jd11365
11-30-2003, 11:15 PM
Nope...Kayla didn't like it either. We are putting it in the attic tomorrow as a matter of fact...along with the swing, which she never liked either. We kept them out until 7 months...now we are in need of more space and she never used them anyway. Can't say we didn't try though...we tried for 7 months!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

deborah_r
12-01-2003, 12:11 AM
My baby cried the first 3 or 4 times. We kept putting him in it for short periods of time. Then one day he liked it, but after a while he would start kind of yelling at the lights and music thing, so I would take that off and he'd be good for another 15 minutes or so. He liked the vibrations and would often fall asleep while I took a shower. I don't think we tried it until almost 4 weeks old.

amp
12-01-2003, 02:41 PM
My DS never liked a bouncy seat or a swing. We had hoped for a few moments of peace with both of these items since they've been such lifesavers for so many people. No such luck. Still, we kept them, hoping that he would eventually like them, and when we packed them up and put them in the basement, we said, "Maybe the next baby will like them." I hope so, or we wasted the money! Oh well....

JElaineB
12-02-2003, 01:23 PM
My DS warmed up to the bouncy seat when he was much older and able to play in it with the toys rather than just sit there. For a while it was the only place I could get him to nap, with the vibration turned on. I also had a swing which he again liked when he was more like 3 or 4 months old and up. When he was 3 weeks (until close to 3 months) old I pretty much had to hold him all the time, he didn't really like being anywhere else.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02