PDA

View Full Version : Crib Activity Toy

jd11365
12-01-2003, 10:42 PM
'm lookin' for something to keep Kayla occupied in the am before I go in to get her...something like the TINY LOVE BABY DEVELOPLAY ACTIVITY CENTER. (Sorry for caps...I copied it to make sure I had the right thing.) What do think? I'm kinda getting over the spending $ on something that's going to end up in the attic after a few months thing...so if you have a more bargain friendly alternative I'd love to hear it. This one is like $40 bucks...seems a bit pricey for a crib toy...but it's Tiny Love...like the $70 Gymni that Kayla never used... You can see why I hate buying her stuff like this because she is so darn picky... I'll buy it though if it's a great thing...you know me...I'm a sucker for this kid! :)

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

amp
12-01-2003, 11:27 PM
We have this toy and while it's not in Jacob's crib, we do use it downstairs as a floor toy. He is drawn to it, but doesn't really know how to manipulate everything on it yet, so he gets frustrated easily. I am also hoping it will grow with him. Once he bores of the easier side, we can move to the side that takes more manual dexterity. I guess I'm glad we have it, but I'm not totally sold on it's usefulness at that price. Earlier on he loved having a mirror toy that had a snail hanging off of it. I got it at BRU but can't remember offhand who it's made by. He *loved* that toy and now he's a bit older and has had it for months, he's not using it as much. I wish I could say he loved the Developlay that much, but he doesn't yet.

MelissaTC
12-01-2003, 11:30 PM
I received the FP Sparkling Symphony for the crib. Matthew liked it as he got older and even figured out that he needed to hit the star to make the music play. He loved it at night, when it would light up. Just a thought...

jd11365
12-01-2003, 11:49 PM
I'll check it out...maybe something a little less "noisy" though if I'm lookin' to catch an extra 10 minutes of sleep in the morning... ;-)

I just had a vision of a "symphony" going off at 2 am when she is up...I can see my DH and I shooting out of bed the first time it happens saying, "What the heck is that?!" It made me laugh out loud at the thought. :) Of course right now I'm roused by 10 full minutes of razzing in the morning...it's kinda cute..

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

McQ
12-02-2003, 09:39 AM
We have the FP Ocean WOnders Aquarium and Declan loves playing with it. He used to kick it on/off but now he crawls over to it and plays with the all the buttons. I have it set to no music so it's just the bubbles and the lights so I can sleep through it pretty well. And it's only $25 so a good deal.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

TaChapm2
12-04-2003, 09:29 PM
I too am a sucker for my son. We have almost every toy under the sun, most which are never played with. This is the one toy that I bought that has been worth every penny. It goes form crib to floor and back to crib every day. With the 2 sides he never seems to get tired of it. Well worth the money!
Tara
Mommy to Jackson (11-10-02)

s7714
12-04-2003, 10:08 PM
I just bought the Tiny Love center for DD today. I'm planning on putting it in her crib tomorrow, but so far she loves playing with it on the floor. I think the two sided option is great because when she gets tired of one side I can flip it over. She goes through phases of adoration and disinterest with all her other toys so I'm sure it'll be the same with this one too. (And you can always argue that it's like two toys at $20 each if that helps... :) ) I wanted something that was more like the old fashioned busy boxes with lots of activities instead of something that only had one or two features, and this seemed to be the closest.

Edited to note: The only thing I wish was different on the toy for now is that I wish it had an energy saving mode or a nightime setting that would keep it from eating up batteries. But, it may not do that anyway...will have to wait and find out!

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

twizzli
12-05-2003, 01:46 PM
I just hung a baby whoozit from the crib rail using sassy links and ds plays with that in the am.

Marisa6826
12-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Jamie-

I got Sophie this toy about a month ago. She's kind of into it. I think she forgets about it and then gets excited when she "finds" it again.

It got a top toy reward by Oppenheimer - one of the reasons I decided to get it.

Honestly, I think it's better made than a lot of other stuff I've seen.

Have you looked into the Pet Me Platypus by Neurosmith? Sophie really dug that one. It's $20 at Target. And as far as the recall goes, Neurosmith has assured me that the ones now on the shelves are the new/fixed ones.

-m

DCmommy
12-05-2003, 02:23 PM
My DS is 10 months old and he's had the Developlay since he was about 6 months old and he loves it so much that I bought a 2nd to keep on the floor in the playroom (I got tired of taking it off the side of the crib and putting it back again.) It took him a little while to notice it at first, but once he did he really enjoyed it. At about 8 months he noticed that there was something on the other side and he started trying to turn it over, so now we play with Side 2. I'd really recommend it. And it has an "off" switch so you can turn the music off at night. A great buy!

deborah_r
12-05-2003, 02:47 PM
I thought Pet Me Platypus was recalled?

Have they fixed the choking hazard issue?

(Speaking of choking hazards I just had to fish a stray piece of carpet from the cats' scratching post out of DS's mouth...ugh.)