PDA

View Full Version : So what's the hype with the Peek-a-Blocks?

jd11365
12-02-2003, 10:56 PM
Why are these such a "must have" item?

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

mharling
12-02-2003, 11:36 PM
I wouldn't call them a "must have" item, but ds does really enjoy them. They are small enough that he can pick them up with one hand, bright colors and I think they're pretty cute. There is a large variety of things they 'do' - some have balls that make noise, others have animals that move their heads, there's an apple with a worm that 'slides' through, a chick that you can push the shell up and down, a beach ball that rolls and lots more. I think he will like them for a while because he'll be able to do more than just shake them or try to eat them when he gets older.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

Kimberly H
12-03-2003, 05:58 AM
I bought most of them for the daughter we're adopting from China. *I* had to have them. ;D

When my then 16-month old nephew came to visit, he wouldn't put them down. They were the first thing he'd grab in the morning, and the last thing he'd put down at night. He loved turning them over and over in his hand, sticking his fingers in the dimples on the top of the block, shaking it to make the thing inside wiggle, tugging on the ribbons on another, etc.

Now I just hope Mia likes them as much!

McQ
12-03-2003, 08:56 AM
I bought the peek-a-blocks 2-n-1 activity wagon as a Christmas present so I can't weigh in as to what's great about them ~ yet :) But I'm wondering if I should return it and get the Peek-a-Blocks Tumblin’ Sounds Giraffe. I love anything with monkeys or giraffes.
http://www.fisher-price.com/au/peekablocks/product.asp?id=21996

I saw that you could buys the blocks by themselves. Do your babes just play with the blocks or the blocks with a wagon/giraffe/dump truck/ark? Is it good to get a second set of blocks?

Thanks
Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

MelissaTC
12-03-2003, 09:38 AM
I don't know where I read it but I heard that the giraffe does not work really well. Not sure where I heard this! I went crazy looking for the 2n1 wagon for my nephew but I found nothing but a big, fat raincheck. I bought the truck instead with an extra set of blocks. DS saw the blocks and his little eyes lit up. I may need to go back and buy him some blocks too!

jd11365
12-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Boy am I a sucker for this kid...just picked up 2 sets this morning thanks to your posts... I got sound and touch...they were $5.88 at Target.

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

mik8
12-03-2003, 11:04 AM
If you're still looking for the 2-in-1 wagon, Walmart.com has it.
It's the cheapest of all so far and only 97 cents shipping.
Here's the link:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=104609&path=0%3A4171%3A104591%3A104609

McQ
12-03-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the tip on the giraffe. I'm thinking DH will like the truck too :) I found the wagon at target. But that's an excellent price and good shipping from Walmart.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

pamela mom of 3
12-03-2003, 12:57 PM
i picked up a small set for my 2.5yo son the ones with the transportation themes. i felt they would go along with the wooden blocks..you know an add on?

All of the kiddos seem to like them, i think they have many uses...they stack well too with the nubby bottoms. :)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

deborah_r
12-03-2003, 02:38 PM
I was thinking of getting the wagon - some reviewers on Amazon mentioned children's fingers getting pinched in it, so I've been a little worried about getting it.

I have 3 sets of Peek-a-blocks and DS likes them but doen't love them yet. He is just getting to sitting up for extended periods of time, so I think he will like them more when he gets better at that.

houseof3boys
12-03-2003, 03:09 PM
I hope Kayla likes them more than Ryan does. I bought them a few weeks ago and he can't really manipulate them very well but seems to enjoy when I do. I got touch ones and they may just be a bit advanced for him right now. I like the fact that he can practice picking them up though! He fell forward on one yesterday when we were practicing sitting....ouch.

vikivoly
12-06-2003, 02:58 AM
Keep the wagon and forego the giraffe. The giraffe doesn't do much except make a musical noise when you drop a block in the top. I use it more as storage. It's not sturdy and falls over easily.