PDA

View Full Version : Baby Einstein books any good?

jubilee
12-05-2003, 01:16 AM
I'm looking at getting some board books and wondered if the baby Einstein books are worth getting? Or should I stick with the classic Boynton books?

cchavez
12-05-2003, 08:44 AM
WE only have two. One tiny, chunky book , "Babies," that Diego loves the chew on and manipulate. The pics are cute and the story is sweet. The other is a Vangoh (sp?) book b/c this is my dh favorite painter...so I thought he could share his love w/ Diego. But it is recommended for 1 year +....so he is not ready for it. So I guess it really depends on the book itself. I cannot speak for them overall. But then again we only have one Boynton book but it is great. So I will get more in the future. hth

kristine_elen
12-05-2003, 09:25 AM
We have one and it's OK. I LOVE DK/Dorling Kindersley books. They have very bright photos that my son goes nuts over. He is a huge fan of their Touch and Feel books. We have about 12 in our house from the library right now.

egoldber
12-05-2003, 10:06 AM
I have three that I picked up at TJ Maxx. I have 2 of the small chunky ones (Babies and Dogs) that I keep in the diaper bag for her to look at in restaurants. I also have the Neighborhood animals one and she actually LOVES that one. I think they are nice. I wouldn't want a whole library or pay full price, but they're nice.

HTH,

August Mom
12-05-2003, 10:23 AM
I think they are okay. We have 2: Babies and Neighborhood Animals. They are nice in that they have real photographs, not just drawings, if you want your child to see the real thing. However, there's no real story or rhythmic verse so I think they are completely different from the Boynton books and that these are not mutually exclusive items. However, I think that I too prefer the DK books to the Baby Einstein ones as far as depicting different things realistically. DS seems to love his DK books. I agree with Beth that I wouldn't pay full price, but check them out at TJ Maxx/Marshalls and see what you think.

Sarah1
12-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Audrey loves See & Spy Shapes, and See & Spy Counting. She has MANY board books, and those are two of her favorites, in addition to the Touch 'n Feel series and her lift-the-flap Karen Katz books. She also has a Where is Maisy? lift-the-flap book that is great. I've seen Baby Einstein lift-the-flap books, and they don't look very good.

nigele
12-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Tom has the Baby Einstein Book "Jane's Animal Expedition" and he absolutely loves it. It is a lift-the-flap book. He also has lots of Boynton books which he loves. I got him "Barnyard Dance" for Christmas and can't wait to read it to him - it looks like such fun!

Momof3Labs
12-05-2003, 04:20 PM
Colin has two little chunky BE books - the Cats one and the Dogs one. He really likes them. The verse is kind of odd, but he really likes some of the pictures (mostly artwork) and enjoys flipping through these books. He doesn't flip through the Boynton books nearly as much, though Boyntons are much better for reading out loud.

But there are definitely better board books for the money - I know that we've listed them out in other threads here.

jubilee
12-06-2003, 01:52 AM