PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best Ball Drop Toy?

August Mom
12-05-2003, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure that we're getting one of these, but I've been thinking about it because DS seems drawn to them whenever someone else's house has one. What ball drop toy do you like best and why? What ones would you avoid? We have the Little Tikes Discover Sounds Playstore that has a ball drop, but DS climbs on the shape sorter so it's put away. By the way, are there any wooden ones out there that are pretty sturdy?

TIA

pamela mom of 3
12-05-2003, 05:38 PM
I don't know whether it's the "best" however, our shoe store has this neat castle like one by discovery toys..now we on the other hand have one by tomy toys...it's not bad either but the kids seem to really enjoy the DT model.

:)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

brubeck
12-06-2003, 11:08 AM
Well I'll vote for the FP Ball Blast. Both of my kids love it and it has gotten a lot of use. It encouraged my son to stand so he could use it better and they love playing with the balls too. Plus you can't beat the price of $20 (full retail, often you can get it cheaper).

My neighbor has the FP Crawl & Cruise playground and while her kids liked it, they didn't really get into it until they were almost too old to enjoy it. They didn't understand that dropping the ball in one place meant that it got 'stuck' somewhere and you had to do something else to get it out. On the other hand they loved the music.

HTH!