PDA

View Full Version : What's a good price for a train table?

egoldber
12-08-2003, 03:33 PM
I was in Costco today and they had Battat train tables (just the table) for $50. Is this a good deal? These tables had storage bins underneath, but plastic bins, not the trundle style pull out bins.

They were similar to this, but not exactly this:
http://www.epinions.com/Battat_Train_Table_with_Bins_Toys

I'm thinking I could use this to put Sarah's dollhouse on and to store accessories in. I've looked at "dollhouse tables" but they are not as big and alll the ones I've seen have been over $100.

Our other thought was to get an inexpensive coffee table from Ikea, but then I'd still have to get storage bins for underneath.

nohomama
12-08-2003, 07:36 PM
I think $50 is a good price. There's a nice train table at Target made by Little Tree that's $79.99 and I thought that was a decent price. It's either wood or melamine with white sides, a green platform, and two wooden drawers at either end--similar to this but rectangular http://shop.store.yahoo.com/trains-4-tots/traintabbyma.html .

Your idea for using a train table for Sarah's dollhouse(s) is a really good one. It appeals to my need for tidyness and containment.

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-08-2003, 10:09 PM
Beth,
I have the one that Sarah mentioned above, but mine is larger I think 4 feet by 3 feet, and we love it. It has wooden drawers. I guess where it would differ in a coffee table is that it has the sides which might not be as big of a need once toddler's are older.

I have not seent he Costco one, but wanted to say I love ours!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

sugarsnappea
12-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Beth,

Thanks for the great idea of using a train table for the dollhouse. I was debating a table and chair purchase- one from Ebay or the Ikea children's one. I would much rather have something with containers underneath. I am going to check out the Costco one this week. BTW- what dollhouse did you decide on? :)

nigele
12-09-2003, 12:43 PM
Wow - that seems like a great price. I want to get Tom a train table - wish we had a Costco close by!

egoldber
12-09-2003, 02:27 PM
Lisa, if you have a TRU near you, there's a 20% off any one item at TRU this week. That would be a decent deal on a train table.

I'm wondering if the table at Costco is fullsize (I couldn't see the dimensions on the box), which would make it not quite SUCH a deal, but still a good deal.

egoldber
12-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Well, true to form, I got two! :) I bought an older version of the FP Loving Family Classic dollhouse for a steal on eBay. Not perfect condition, but good enough. I also found a terrific clearance deal on the Plan/Brio Classic house.

I'm giving her the FP one now and saving the other for later. :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-09-2003, 02:52 PM
If you are looking for dimensions, here are the dimensions of mine (which you saw yesterday)...this is it exactly!!!
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/trains-4-tots/whittraintab.html

Also if you go to his web site and back up off this table there is a link to "train tables" it can give you some ideas. We go to costco in Durahm about every three weeks so if that is a huge delima for you we can grab you the table, but I fear if you don't like it and the thought of taking it back etc...so maybe a search so you can really "see" it before we do that would be great!
But if you decide on that one you know we can grab it for you!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

nigele
12-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Well, DUH to me - I didn't even know there was a Costco in Durham! Where is it? Maybe I could go check it out. Thanks for the offer to pick it up for me - that's very sweet.

egoldber
12-10-2003, 03:10 PM
FYI, I bought the one at Costco today. Its 48" long, 23" wide and 18" tall.

HTH,

NEVE and TRISTAN
12-10-2003, 03:18 PM
I think the road is called Guess road off of 70!!! right after where 85 and 70 meet up.
Go to www.costco.com and it has ware house locations I beleive...it takes me 50-60 minutes to the minute to get there from my house.
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

heva
12-11-2003, 05:08 PM
Not that you need more info, but I thought I'd post a link to the table DH and I are drooling over:

http://www.nilotoys.com/nlego.html

Comes with lego templates!