PDA

View Full Version : Bathing an 8 month old!

gerbergirl
12-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Oh, my aching back!
We just switched from bathing our dd in her infant tub in the kitchen sink, (fun! easy! non-back-breaking!) to the bathroom tub as she was becoming way too proficient in reaching the kitchen sink faucet controls and changing the water temp!

But this is a back killer of course! I visited www.onestepahead.com to see what they had in the way of parent helpers and saw two items; the 'Bathe'R Save'R' and the 'Tub Guard'
any thoughts on these products? I also saw the Infantino 'Tubsaver' but $45 is too much to spend!!!!!!!
Could use some advice!

jd11365
12-08-2003, 07:01 PM
I had the same problem. The toilet in the room I bathe Kayla is right next to the tub. So as she plays in the Euro bath, I sit and watch on the tub...I can actually skim through a magazine while she plays and splashes or sing and talk with her from that same comfortable seated position. When it's time to "wash" I kneel on a cushy towel I fold and put on the floor. The washing only takes 5 minutes really. The Eurobath is great...it holds her up so she can sit up on her own the whole time without slipping.

HTH!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

McQ
12-09-2003, 08:52 AM
In our house Dad usually gets in the tub with Declan. They spend quite some time in there playing with the duckies and practicing swimming. Declan loves the tub. For Christmas we're getting him the #12 Radio Flyer and filling it with bath toys and gertie balls.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03