PDA

View Full Version : when do babies stop EATING books?

jubilee
12-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Logan sucked on a board book meant for Christmas and the spine is now ruined. Should I only buy "bath books" for a while? Do you let your baby play with the board books or do you only read them and put it away?

Momof3Labs
12-10-2003, 12:32 AM
I let Colin play with (and suck on, but not break off chunks) his board books, in addition to reading them. He stopped sometime before a year, and is now a little bookworm! If you don't want to waterlog a couple of board books, then buy a few bath books, but honestly, Colin always liked the board books better.

kaitlinsmommy
12-10-2003, 06:53 PM
Kaitlin just turned one and is just starting to quit chewing up her books. I've let her wreck a couple cheapies but try to keep them in relatively good condition. I try reading to her every day but she has always just wanted to suck on them and isn't very interested in me reading. I hope that changes soon!

kristine_elen
12-10-2003, 07:47 PM
Even if he was rough on them, I let Jack play with the books. They are definitely his favorite toy -- much preferred over any of the electronic, beeping, musical stuff we've got (except the Tiny Love Developlay -- he loves the music on that). I think a love of books is so important that I didn't want to do anything that would stifle it. He's 12 months now and still mangles them a bit, but it's not too bad.

Momof3Labs
12-10-2003, 10:33 PM
Yes, Colin's most favorite toys are also his books! It's like the commercial - board books to chew on: $50, instilling a lifelong love of reading: priceless!