PDA

View Full Version : Safety of Leap Frog Learning Table?

slknight
12-11-2003, 11:35 AM
Has anyone else had any problems with this? Alex is still learning to pull up, and I put the legs on it, and he pulled it right over onto himself. It just doesn't seem very sturdy. So I decided to take the legs off for a while. Now he's learned to turn the "page" on top, and he crawls on top of it, turns the page, and smashes his fingers under it. After a few episodes of this, I'm beginning to think this toy isn't too great. I did read a couple of reviews on Amazon that said the same thing. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Susan and Alex (04.18.03)

McQ
12-11-2003, 01:10 PM
I don't have the legs on ours yet. And haven't had the problem with the book. He turns the page but not hard enough to smash his fingers. Suggest maybe taking the legs off until he's more stable.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03

cinrein
12-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Anna did pull the table down on herself when she was first learning to pull up. I didn't take the legs off, but would supervise her when she played with the table. Now that she's a pro, she can pull up on it without pulling the whole thing down.

We haven't had any trouble with the page.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

August Mom
12-12-2003, 01:49 AM
Hmm. We haven't had either of these problems, so maybe it depends on the child? My DS pulled up on the table all the time without tipping problems. And, he LOVES to turn the page. We haven't had any pinched fingers. We love our table. But, I agree, if tipping is an issue for you, just use it without the legs for a little while longer.

vikivoly
12-12-2003, 02:48 AM
I don't think the table is sturdy enough for a baby to pull himself up on it. DD didn't have any problems with it tipping once she was in a standing position.

DD didn't like to play with it without the legs in a sitting position, so I took 2 legs off and left 2 legs on. It propped the table up so she could reach the buttons easier. This would probably prevent the finger pinching.

KimberleyDawn
12-12-2003, 01:09 PM
William has tipped it and squished a finger or two but he still loves it! I've taken off the legs for the time being but I can't do anything about the finger thing...I have noticed that he's a little more cautious when turning the page though.
Kim

Sarah1
12-12-2003, 03:12 PM
We've had this table for a while now (about 6 mos) and I've been really happy with it. I agree that it's not necessarily sturdy enough for a baby to pull him/herself up on, esp. if they are trying to pull up right on the egde of it (although I did notice in their TV ads that they show a baby pulling up on it). DD is pretty heavy, though, and the table's never tipped over when she's pulled herself up.

This table has SAVED me because for the longest time this was the only place she would stand and play while I lotioned her up after her bath (she refused to lie down).

She still loves the table. My ONLY complaint is that the purple door sometimes comes off its little hinge. Fortunately it is easy to put back on and isn't a choking hazard, so it doesn't bug me too much.

Another thing I have done to keep this table fun: I put some little toy under the purple door. DD loves being surprised to find something in there!